Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hay all.

Can anyone tell me if a XSPC RX480 in push config will be enough to cool 2 x HD 6990 (Quadfire). I would hopefully want some overclocking headroom as well.

I'm also going to water cool my 2600k in a separate loop using a Black Ice GTS 360, I'm pretty sure I'd get some decent results and I'm curious if anyone else had a similar setup and can share results?

Many thanks!

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
Quote:

Can anyone tell me if a XSPC RX480 in push config will be enough to cool 2 x HD 6990 (Quadfire). I would hopefully want some overclocking headroom as well.

Definitely, its overkill infact, you wont even need the fans that powerfull at all.

Quote:

I'm also going to water cool my 2600k in a separate loop using a Black Ice GTS 360, I'm pretty sure I'd get some decent results and I'm curious if anyone else had a similar setup and can share results?

All chips are different so you cant really give a estermate of the temp, but I can tell you that it will be cool.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Definitely, its overkill infact, you wont even need the fans that powerfull at all.

Even though the HD 6990 is a dual GPU card? Have you seen any examples online of it being done?

(Not throwing your advice back in your face... I just want to do some research before I start spending my cash-monies)

I currently use an CoolIT ALC240 in push/pull config to cool my 2600k and because of the heat of my HD 6990 inside the case as well as the fact that it's not a great CPU cooler, I can't comfortably get over 4.5GHz. I'd like to try to get to 4.8 - 5 GHz with the Black Ice GTS 360 in a single loop.

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Extr3me_Rob
View Post

Even though the HD 6990 is a dual GPU card? Have you seen any examples online of it being done?

(Not throwing your advice back in your face... I just want to do some research before I start spending my cash-monies)

I currently use an CoolIT ALC240 in push/pull config to cool my 2600k and because of the heat of my HD 6990 inside the case as well as the fact that it's not a great CPU cooler, I can't comfortably get over 4.5GHz. I'd like to try to get to 4.8 - 5 GHz with the Black Ice GTS 360 in a single loop.

Ill have a dig for temps, but yeh I understand man you wanna see black and white results. (just got to finish some coursework / ocn is such a destration)

·
Premium Member
443 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,417 Posts
really stuggling to find anything. - even found youre post on some random tech site linking to this thread

OC3D had a 6990 + i7 loop

1 - 8 of 8 Posts