Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
I finally made my mind about water cooling. But I have no experience yet. I'm reading about pumps,blocks,etc.. for a while. I want to make a list and order them in a few days (hopefully right now). So far, parts list is as follows:

My setup is a SLI setup with 2 gtx275s folding 24/7 and i7 920 d0 @3.8 GHz also folding 24/7. After some talks with nice ppl here in our forum, I came to decision that I will use heatsinks and gpu blocks for gtx275s and apogee gtz ci7 cpu block for cpu... (any other recommendations for any of the parts are welcome )

Planned setup is one loop with 2 radiators. I wonder if 2 different loop for cpu and gpus would make any performance difference? Will radiators in my list be able to handle all heat load (cpu + 2 gpus). And which is the most efficient way to locate them in my HAF932 case. And I don't have any idea what tubing to use (i mean diameter, and it looks so complicated with all inner outer diameter options). Also have questions in my mind about tube connections to the parts. I've seen different ways to connect tubes to parts. Most reliable it seems to me is the screw style way with metal endings on tube tips. But I don't have any idea about them, or where to buy them from.

So if you know any guide about tube connecting with pictures, I will be very thankful to you.

reservoir?

Connection order of parts for best performance?

Best fans for radiators? (silence with performance I need, since I sleep 1 meter away from the case lol).

Do I need to cool NB also? (want to OC further when I set up WC)

Btw, where to buy tubes and all other accesories? Since I'm in Turkey, it's really hard to find wc parts here. I will order most of the parts from abroad. For that reason, your suggestions should be from UK or German vendors (I guess from U.S. it will cost much money)...

Thanks by now

·
Registered
5,094 Posts
go to watercooluk.co.uk

tubes get some tygon they are awesome!!
connection get some bitspower or fatboys ,compression fitting if ya want.

get a hetakiller as waterblock or the gtx version of apongee if you can spend a little.

dont buy stackable rads buy 2 of the non stackable version,cause if you stack it it will cool less better then 2 seperated.

fans: get a fan controller : sunbeom rheobus and fans do some san ace's, panaflo's or papst.

if you want to cool it get a san ace or any other high cfm 40mm fan for the northbridge cause it will run on 80 degrees.

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
The Sapphire Enzotech REV A is a better water block. It might be cheaper. You will also need to buy the bracket for the I7.

pump is good as well as the grfx card coolers

if you want it to be quiet then get a fan controller

Highspeed yateloon fans or Panaflos (better choice)

A XSPC RS360 rad is good A RX360 Rad has feser performance not the price

Where to find W/C Vendors in you area/ near
http://www.overclock.net/case-mods-g...-category.html

res-pump-rad-cpu-rad-gpu-gpu-res

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo23451
View Post

The Sapphire Enzotech REV A is a better water block. It might be cheaper. You will also need to buy the bracket fot the I7.

pump is good as well as the grfx card coolers

if you want it to be quiet then get a fan controller

Highspeed yateloon fans or Panaflos (better choice)

A XSPC RS360 rad is good A RX360 Rad has feser performance not the price

Where to find W/C Vendors in you area/ near
http://www.overclock.net/case-mods-g...-category.html

res-pump-rad-cpu-rad-gpu-gpu-res

Thanks for suggestions juggalo, I'm checking the radiator and the sapphire cpu block right now. And one wc noob question: What are metal screw style tube endings called?

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ErdincIntel
View Post

Thanks for suggestions juggalo, I'm checking the radiator and the sapphire cpu block right now. And one wc noob question: What are metal screw style tube endings called?

you mean a g1/4 to 1/2 barb?

Compression fittings?

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo23451
View Post

you mean a g1/4 to 1/2 barb?

Compression fittings?

I'm not sure xD
And one question: is all holes on parts standart for 1/4" ? I mean ready to connect 1/4" tubing. I'm confused about diameter standards of parts and tubes...

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I'm not sure xD
And one question: is all holes on parts standart for 1/4" ? I mean ready to connect 1/4" tubing. I'm confused about diameter standards of parts and tubes...

G1/4 is the thread size and 1/2 is the size of barb

I would get 7/16 tubing then get 1/2 barbs

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo23451 View Post
G1/4 is the thread size and 1/2 is the size of barb

I would get 7/16 tubing then get 1/2 barbs
7/16" inner diameter tubing you mean?

And you think my planned WC setup can dissipate heat load and perform good juggalo?

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ErdincIntel View Post
7/16" inner diameter tubing you mean?

And you think my planned WC setup can dissipate heat load and perform good juggalo?
yep 7/16 will be the inner diameter and 5/8 outer diameter. That is what I am using. you loop should perform well

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Swiftech MCRES-Micro is an excellent choice. You'll also only need one 360-size radiator, and the non-stackable Swiftech will do the job for that.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp
View Post

Swiftech MCRES-Micro is an excellent choice. You'll also only need one 360-size radiator, and the non-stackable Swiftech will do the job for that.

I'm sure with only one 360 size radiator I can cool the components but I want the system to be quiet and OC the hell outta components
So with 2 rads I can use fans on mid rpms. But it's still a question where to put two 360-size radiators lol

And what do you think about these fittings:
Fittings set

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Quote:

View Post

I'm sure with only one 360 size radiator I can cool the components but I want the system to be quiet and OC the hell outta components

Like many others, you underestimate how well a single rad does even with just medium-speed Yates on a fan controller. Seriously, you're fine with just one, noise won't be a problem.

Quote:

View Post

And what do you think about these fittings:
Fittings set

Those won't fit the tubing size that was recommended. Look for Bitspower compression fittings that exactly match the tubing dimensions.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp
View Post

Like many others, you underestimate how well a single rad does even with just medium-speed Yates on a fan controller. Seriously, you're fine with just one, noise won't be a problem.

Those won't fit the tubing size that was recommended. Look for Bitspower compression fittings that exactly match the tubing dimensions.

Yes I know they are not 7/16" and they're for 1/2" but I noticed the vendor in our country has accessories for 1/2" tubing and may be I can buy parts other than heatsinks and blocks for gpus from that vendor. They have these rads, so chunky, do you think one of these radiators will be sufficient to do the job silently and perform good? (actually I tend to buy best parts no matter abroad, but I'm feeling impatient about setting WC and OC as hell
)

radiator from vendor in my country

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Quote:

View Post

They have these rads, so chunky, do you think one of these radiators will be sufficient to do the job silently and perform good? (actually I tend to buy best parts no matter abroad, but I'm feeling impatient about setting WC and OC as hell
)

radiator from vendor in my country

Yeah, that's better, but you'll need 38mm-thick fans to have ideal silent operation; I recommend the Panaflo L1BX in that case.

If you want, Aquatuning has a huge selection of water cooling components, and they ship internationally (though shipping is calculated by weight so keep an eye on how much you actually get if you do decide to use them). Their compression fittings, however, are in-house brands, and I have no idea if they're simply Bitspower fittings that are re-branded or what, but they should do fine.

Also note that you'll get a little more oomph out of the pump if you order a custom top for it like this, you might notice a difference.

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
I recommend selecting ONE more powerful radiator. Seriously, one Black ICE 480GTX is cheaper than 2 swiftys, and it can handle a higher heatload. I think if you had 1 swiftech in that setup, (1 oc'd quad, 2 gpus) you would experience some quite high temps. So much so, you'd wonder why you're watercooling.

But yeah, if you do get 3x120mm rads, I would put it at the top, or buy a radbox and put them behind the case. I would also ditch the res and pump and buy a 355 + restop. Much better performance, especially with all that restriction (I'm sure a 655 willhandle it though). If you do that, you can just put your pump at the bottom next to your PSU (buy some gelstuff from petra's to eliminate vibration noises if you do this).

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
I didn't have time to go through and read everyone's suggestions, but I did a quick ctrl+f and didn't find it: what I would suggest is to spend 25 extra and pick up an apogee xt instead. It'll have better flow and better temperatures than the gtz

·
Banned
9,264 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by quentin
View Post

I recommend selecting ONE more powerful radiator. Seriously, one Black ICE 480GTX is cheaper than 2 swiftys, and it can handle a higher heatload. I think if you had 1 swiftech in that setup, (1 oc'd quad, 2 gpus) you would experience some quite high temps. So much so, you'd wonder why you're watercooling.

But yeah, if you do get 3x120mm rads, I would put it at the top, or buy a radbox and put them behind the case. I would also ditch the res and pump and buy a 355 + restop. Much better performance, especially with all that restriction (I'm sure a 655 willhandle it though). If you do that, you can just put your pump at the bottom next to your PSU (buy some gelstuff from petra's to eliminate vibration noises if you do this).

dont use gellstuff, it insulates the pump and it will overheat. its quiet anyway.
also agreed, the stackable rads suck. you're better off with a single one (seriously).
a 360 or 480 GTX would be preferred, with 1700+ RPM fans.
for lower fans, around a 1000-1500 range, get the XSPC RX 480. to compensate for the lower speeds, you might wanna put priority on the 480 version.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChielScape
View Post

dont use gellstuff, it insulates the pump and it will overheat. its quiet anyway.
also agreed, the stackable rads suck. you're better off with a single one (seriously).
a 360 or 480 GTX would be preferred, with 1700+ RPM fans.
for lower fans, around a 1000-1500 range, get the XSPC RX 480. to compensate for the lower speeds, you might wanna put priority on the 480 version.

Thanks for suggestions. But I think it will be better using two 360 rads... As juggalo suggested it seems "res-pump-rad-cpu-rad-gpu-gpu-res" will be the most efficient setup. Because when using two radiators in this way, water will be cooled before entering the block. Am I not right?

And this radiator, I'm thinking about it, but it is a bit thin (height) Wouldn't two of this rad be enough for the setup? I'm hesitating, I only have one vendor selling wc parts in my country. And not much options there, only one kinda 360mm radiator
And this cpu block they sell only suits my need
But it's advantegous for me since I don't pay much mail fee and I can buy them divided into 3 payments with my credit card.

·
Registered
553 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok, here is a new list I made from sidewindercomputers.

I got confused about tubing when I checked sidewindercomputers again

Should I use fittings that 1/4" to 1/2" and use -1/2" ID 3/4" OD- tubing? And what about compression fittings?

Do all parts in the list have 1/4" as standard and need 1/4"-1/2" fittings???

I need help lol

at shipping

1 - 20 of 40 Posts