Overclock.net banner

Water Cooling didnt change my temps at all over air :(

1628 Views 34 Replies 18 Participants Last post by  mtbhrd
Hey guys, I finished setting up my WC loop today. I actually changed it, before the rad was mounted inside, then I put it outside the case, and the temps still are the exact same as when I was air cooling with the vendetta 2.

CURRENT LOOP

Earlier Loop (about 5 hours ago loop)

What would be causing me to have to temp change?

I have 3 fans on the rad. I ordered 4 Scythe Slip Stream Kaze Jyuni 120MM Fan 1200RPM 68.5CFM 24DBA

The loop consists of DD CPX-PRO --> MCR220 --> Apogee GTZ --> Temporary custom res --> back to pump
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dar_T
View Post

It could just need time to burn in. Btw it looks like you have a GTZ not a GTX.
Also it could be a bad seat.

Yeah, sorry typo!

Quote:

Originally Posted by ira-k
View Post

I'd do a few CPU block remounts, look at the TIM spread when you take the block off and see if it looks nice and even. Make sure there are no mobo components preventing the block from making good contact with the chip.

If you just set this up you might want to make sure all the air is out of your loop first. Shake your rad, or lightly slap it to knock off air bubbles.

Shake your pump to make sure it doesn't have a big bubble in it preventing you from getting full flow.

Tilt your rig around and see if you can work any air out of your block.

Hmm, yes I do hear bubbles still, its been on for hours.

The TIM looks pretty even and its on the entire cpu.

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtypin View Post
44C maxed on load? I may need some water cooling, to bad I only pull like 35C stock clocks with stcok amd cooler
much better than the intel crap.

Aaron, he said it in OP, Vendetta 2.

Hmm, I had the same temps with my vendetta 2 though, so this is proving to me that watercooling is not beneficial in my case, and its more maintenance.

Anyone wanna buy some WC Gear!!! Hehehe
I'll give it some more time, and hopefully when my new fans get here monday morning it will make a difference.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.