Overclock.net banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

· Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by jtypin View Post
44C maxed on load? I may need some water cooling, to bad I only pull like 35C stock clocks with stcok amd cooler
much better than the intel crap.

Aaron, he said it in OP, Vendetta 2.

Hmm, I had the same temps with my vendetta 2 though, so this is proving to me that watercooling is not beneficial in my case, and its more maintenance.

Anyone wanna buy some WC Gear!!! Hehehe
I'll give it some more time, and hopefully when my new fans get here monday morning it will make a difference.

· Banned
942 Posts
i'm really have a hard time believing that you were getting the same temps on air. i've had 3 cpu's under water, 2 of them quads, and it's always been at least a 10°C decrease in load temps when on water.

· Registered
793 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dar_T View Post
Why would you want that? The pump does dump some heat out so its pretty logical that the rad should go infront for the coldest possible water to hit the cpu. Also the GTZ isn't restrictive enough to make it a chore for the pump.
For optimal performance----

Its all about head pressure and flow rate--

· Premium Member
26,933 Posts
Quote:
For optimal performance----
Have you ever ran it any other way?

· Premium Member
5,050 Posts
Those are some pretty damn fine temps regardless of whether you are using air or water. If you were getting those temps with air I don't know why you would even switch to water, especially with that OC. At this point in air cooling, watercooling is almost more of a hobby than a beneficial means of cooling your computer.

BTW cpu-z says you have a Q8300 but coretemp says you have a Q9300...

either way that is a good OC with those temps.

· Registered
17 Posts
Dammit everybody else but me got great temps, these are my cooling parts below, please advice me, on load at 3,6 with prime I get around 60 degrees, on stock speed my idle was 29 after the gpu became around 32 -34 but people are getting 45-50 on load at these speeds.

CPU q6600 b0
at 3.6 1.35 vcore

CPU BLOCK-----------Swiftech Apogeeâ„¢ GTZ Universal CPU Waterblock
GPU BLOCK----------- EK Radeon HD4850 VGA Liquid Cooling Block
RADIATOR-------------Danger Den Black Ice GT Stealth 240 X-Flow Radiator - Red ***4 of NOCTUA NF-P12 ***
RADIATOR-------------MAGICOOL PRO II 240mm RADIATOR *** 2 case exhaust fans - dodgy brand but they blow ***
PUMP-------------------Swiftech MCP655-Bâ„¢ 12v Water Pump 1200 L/H
HOSES------------------4 M 1/2 HOSE
PASTE----------- Shin-Etsu X-23-7762 Silicone Thermal Compound - 1g

· Registered
793 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tricecold View Post
Dammit everybody else but me got great temps, these are my cooling parts below, please advice me, on load at 3,6 with prime I get around 60 degrees, on stock speed my idle was 29 after the gpu became around 32 -34 but people are getting 45-50 on load at these speeds.

CPU q6600 b0
at 3.6 1.35 vcore

RADIATOR-------------Danger Den Black Ice GT Stealth 240 X-Flow Radiator - Red ***4 of NOCTUA NF-P12 ***
RADIATOR-------------MAGICOOL PRO II 240mm RADIATOR *** 2 case exhaust fans - dodgy brand but they blow ***
Since you only listed one pump I would assume everything is on one loop? If so I would suggest you make a loop for CPU and a loop for GPU for better temps.

· Registered
1,337 Posts
Yeah, the full cover GPU waterblocks like what you have on your 4850 are very restrictive. Not only is your GPU adding heat to the loop(which your radiators should be able to handle, and temps should only increase a couple degrees) but the flow rate is probably far from optimal, which reduces the performance of your cpu block as well as the radiators.

Also, I don't think your choice of fans is helping. I've heard that the Noctua fans don't perform well on radiators, and you're also using no-name fans as well. It may help to get some high static pressure fans that perform well on a radiator and use those instead.

· Premium Member
26,933 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tricecold View Post

CPU q6600 b0
at 3.6 1.35 vcore

Thats not a lot of rad for the load you have on it. You may want to try some higher cfm fans, or do a push-pull if you have the room for it.

I don't know what cfm fans those are or there thickness.

I wouldn't use anything smaller then this myself on a rad..86cfm Pana .These are what I use...115cfm Pana

Shrouds are good for a couple of extra C..How To: Make any Sized shroud in 2 minutes .How To: Build A Performance Shroud

If you want to run lower cfm fans you need to have a lot of rad surface area to still get good temp's.

For really good OC'ing performance I use a lot of surface area with decent cfm fans.

It wouldn't hurt to try some block remounts also and make sure all the air is out of your loop.

You might want to start a thread on it and we would be better able to help you there.

· Registered
606 Posts
Ira, just wanna make sure you saw there's 2 rads

RADIATOR-------------MAGICOOL PRO II 240mm RADIATOR *** 2 case exhaust fans - dodgy brand but they

I don't know much about the magicool rad, but as far as i can remember the DD gt stealth is a single pass & with the magicool i think you might have too much heat to dissipate (don't take my word for it - Ira-k & others know alot more).

First check that all the bubbles are out. I think the next step would be top try diffenret/better fans with cheap shrouds. If that don't solve your problem get 2 mcr320's if 1 is'nt enough.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.