Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello guys, need help with one of my setup. Due to the length of the acrylic tube, i have to have one inlet at the top of the reservior. My setup is almost the same as his. Was wondering if there will be any issue. If i am not wrong, if i turn off the machine, the water from the top tubings might flow back into the reservior resulting in some empty tube in the loop. Consulted the local shop but they claim that as soon as you turn the machine back on, the loop will work as normal again without any bleeding problems. Is this the case ?

Thanks in advance.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpykeZ View Post

You shouldn't have any open tubing. Run the pump until it gets the water going, add more water, rinse and repeat until the system is full.
Hi Spykez, thanks for the reply. What i meant was after this step, when the loop is clear of air bubbles and when the loop is full. Should i turn off the pump , will some water from the inlet flow back to the reservior?
 

·
I've no idea what I'm doi
Joined
·
2,240 Posts
Once the loop is full, with all the bubbles cleared out, it won't matter where the water flows once the pump shuts off. Once you turn it back on it will go where it has to go.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gantzzz View Post

Hi Spykez, thanks for the reply. What i meant was after this step, when the loop is clear of air bubbles and when the loop is full. Should i turn off the pump , will some water from the inlet flow back to the reservior?
Ya I got that, what it makes it sound like you're saying is there's still enough room for water to flow into an empty spot. It should be full to the point where it doesn't matter.

When the pump shuts off the water might still move a little bit just from the flow but it'll slow down and the water will stay put.
 

·
I've no idea what I'm doi
Joined
·
2,240 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpykeZ View Post

Ya I got that, what it makes it sound like you're saying is there's still enough room for water to flow into an empty spot. It should be full to the point where it doesn't matter.

When the pump shuts off the water might still move a little bit just from the flow but it'll slow down and the water will stay put.
Basically this. It will only matter if you still have air bubbles in your loop.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
830 Posts
Might want to change your front fans to intake rather than exhaust.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:
Originally Posted by BWAS1000 View Post

Once the loop is full, with all the bubbles cleared out, it won't matter where the water flows once the pump shuts off. Once you turn it back on it will go where it has to go.
Ah that is what i wanna confirm. Thanks mate !!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ironsmack View Post

Might want to change your front fans to intake rather than exhaust.
yup it is on intake. This is not my built. My built is quite similar in term of layout. Thanks for the heads up
wink.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpykeZ View Post

Ya I got that, what it makes it sound like you're saying is there's still enough room for water to flow into an empty spot. It should be full to the point where it doesn't matter.

When the pump shuts off the water might still move a little bit just from the flow but it'll slow down and the water will stay put.
Hmm thanks for the confirmation. Sorry my english was bad. Ha
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
8,230 Posts
Just a tip for ya since you're new, see that multi button on the bottom right of posts? If you click the multi button on every post you want to quote, then hit the reply button on the last post, it'll open up your reply post with all the quotes you wanted to answer for a single post
smile.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpykeZ View Post

Just a tip for ya since you're new, see that multi button on the bottom right of posts? If you click the multi button on every post you want to quote, then hit the reply button on the last post, it'll open up your reply post with all the quotes you wanted to answer for a single post
smile.gif
Oh... thanks lol
 
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Top