Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was about to purchase XSPC 500 Passive Aluminium Reservoir
for the outside of my case. but i got to thinking with copper blocks will this cause some sort of reaction? i have not been in science class for a couple years but i think copper + aluminum do something
. copper/silver?
also do you guys think that reservoir will reduce temps much?

res-pump-360-cpu-140-5970-res

i was trying to reduce temps going into my pump im a tad worried the 5970 will cause its life to be shortened.

i Can put another 140 between the res and the pump as well :X

advice guys?

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock
View Post

i was about to purchase XSPC 500 Passive Aluminium Reservoir
for the outside of my case. but i got to thinking with copper blocks will this cause some sort of reaction? i have not been in science class for a couple years but i think copper + aluminum do something
. copper/silver?
also do you guys think that reservoir will reduce temps much?

Copper and Alu are great friends. So much so that little bits of the copper go and hug the aluminium (or the other way round, can't remember). Unfortunately this is not ideal, so it is best to avoid mixing them if possible.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lock
View Post

res-pump-360-cpu-140-5970-res

i was trying to reduce temps going into my pump im a tad worried the 5970 will cause its life to be shortened.

i Can put another 140 between the res and the pump as well :X

advice guys?

Two things; 1. As Syrillian said, within reason the temperature of the fluid will not shorten the life of your pump and

2. I would stick with res > pump. It makes the loop easier to bleed and protects against the possibility of running your pump dry.

• Rep+
Reactions: Lock
1 - 6 of 6 Posts