I have the following build:
Motherboard: Asus Maximus Hero VII
CPU: Intel I7-4790K @ 4.00GHz c/ stock cooler
RAM: G.Skill PC3-21300 2666MHz 16GB TridentX CL12
GPU: EVGA GEFORCE GTX970 FTW ACX 2.0 4GB GDDR5 PCI-E
HDD1: Kingston HyperX 3K SSD 120GB 2.5" SATA III
HDD2: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB 7200RPM 64MB SATA III 3.5
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA NEX650G 650W MODULAR 80PLUS GOLD

All of this on a Fractal Design Node 605.

The problem is that now during the Spring / Summer (Portugal) temperatures are going high 30º or more, in the last few days with only 27º during load usage the CPU was around 98º/100º.
My question is what is the best water cooling solution AIO single radiator / fan to buy with a buget of 130$/120€?
And which fans (brand and model) should I buy (SP or AF) for in and out like the image shows: http://imgur.com/CtnBLTW

Any help would be appreciated please.

Thanks.

·
Registered
139 Posts
You could significantly improve CPU temperatures buy upgrading to a better air cooler. The ones that are stock on CPUs are all terrible and should be thrown away immediately. Air coolers like the hyper 212 evo (assuming it fits your case) are much cheaper than a watercooling solution also.

Hope this helps!

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,213 Posts
I've run a Node 605 with a 3570K for the last couple of years, and cooling can be a little challenging, but it isn't too bad. I wouldn't see an AiO as the answer by any means. Get yourself a decent low profile cooler and you won't have any problems. I have tested quite a few, and found that the Noctua NH-D9L works very well, as the vertical orientation provides better airflow through the case.

Changing the intake fan on the MB side of the case will help, also, as the R2 isn't a stellar fan. Something like a Phanteks F120MP will do an excellent job there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts