Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Watercooling with black ice extreme radiator and danger den water block and hydor seltz l20 pump or the XP-120.

I know the water cooling setup isn't great but I wanted a low-range water cooling compared to the XP120.

Then can you compare the XP-120 to a danger den block, heater core, hydor seltz l30?

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
You'd have top of the line water-cooling if you swap that black ice POS for a dual heatcore. And it would beat the XP-120 by quite a large margin.

·
Premium Member
5,606 Posts
hey, i dont get why heatercores are so much better then black ice's other then price....how can they performe better if they cost 100$ less?

but id get the 3rd option with dualheater and L30 and tdx block

·
Registered
965 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

hey, i dont get why heatercores are so much better then black ice's other then price....how can they performe better if they cost 100$ less?

but id get the 3rd option with dualheater and L30 and tdx block

How can amd perform better and cost hundreds less then intel?

How can my friends 4 cylinder $300 car RAPE $30,000 Ws6 transams?

·
Registered
965 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by adas123

i dunno, u tell me

They dont overprice and rip you off like blackice =P

im suprised how cheap heatercores are for cars, $20! thats nuts

and I dont see how the black ice could perform good at all.. . I mean, its painted black.. Paint is a insulator right?

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
a heatercore is less restrictive indeed, it allows for massive flow- which is simply why it blows any rad out of the water....literally.

·
Registered
965 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ATVkid*AFZ*

a heatercore is less restrictive indeed, it allows for massive flow- which is simply why it blows any small computer rad out of the water....literally.

edited for accuracy =p

·
Registered
965 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by timj010

But why don't they design ice blacks to be like heatercores

Cause there stupid and prolly sell plenty and make enough money off them..

There not trying to help people out by selling radiators, there trying to make money.. Thats it =\\

If they designed it out of a heatercore, then they could only sale them for hte price of a heatercore, that or ppl would just use heatercores

They prolly figure, if your smart enough to know about heatercores performance, then you'l just buy a $20 heatercore (or $6 one from ebay)
And if your not smart enough to know about heatercores, well all they offer are expensive radiators, so its the only option.

·
Premium Member
3,953 Posts
A heatercore outperform the BIX or BIP not only because of flow, but the main reason is surface area and the design of the fins. A heatercore has much more surface area than the BIX(read: better cooling capacity), and the fins are much less restrictive concerning airflow. The BIX was the first radiator "designed" for a computer watercooled system. Then someone tried out a heatercore and discovered it is much better. The rest is history. The only reason they are still around is the European market. Heatercores for American automobiles are different than our European couterparts, and up until recently the Europeans havent had much of a selection. The only other reason people buy the BIX is because it "looks good".

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
also, besides the marketing aspect, it's also aesthecially (sp) pleasing. dd designed it so that it would cost a small amount to manufacture, sprayed it, then sold it for 20 bucks more than it's worth.

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by timj010

Watercooling with black ice extreme radiator and danger den water block and hydor seltz l20 pump or the XP-120.

I know the water cooling setup isn't great but I wanted a low-range water cooling compared to the XP120.

Then can you compare the XP-120 to a danger den block, heater core, hydor seltz l30?

real life example:

was running tt tower 112 (which can cool better than a xp-120)
idle 34-36, load 40's

now, tdx block, heatercore, L35, 1/2 id tubing
idle 26-29, load 30-31 (plus i have only been curing as5 for about 8 hours)

so the results are quite obvious!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts