Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
whats the best water cooler for the LGA775 out , i wanna be able to compete with xms and the like
. my price range is about £200 is that enought for a nice wc system? and if so could you reccomend one to me (an english site if possible)

·
Premium Member
22,004 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
english as in britan and as in pounds not dollars hmm that site looks good but its all in dollars , also do u know of any with a 5.2" drive bay controller cause i dont wanna reach inside the case to turn it off ( im assuming thats what u have to do?)

·
Premium Member
2,896 Posts
*moved to WC section*

I would start with Swiftec's current LGA775 offering, for straight water cooling (sorry, don't know the exact part number, but shouldn't be hard to find). I'm sure you will be able to pick one up within the UK. From there, I would recommend a double heater core w/ dual-120mm fans for heat dissipation. If you can't get heater cores in the UK, then the H120.3 is comparable, in terms of performance, but costs substantially more. For a pump, you can either go with the Danner Mag3 (cost-effective, but requires sealing the shaft, if running non-submerged) or the MCP650 (also Swiftec's...costs 2-3x the Mag3). And don't forget tubing (cheapo stuff can be picked up from a local hardware store....1/2" ID all the way, baby) and clamps (here again, your local hardward store will have metal clamps).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts