Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok, so I bought an XSPC RX360 Kit. I will be cooling an i5 2500K and a Radeon 6950 2GB. This will be going into a Corsair 800D case.

My question is, would it be worthwhile to add a second rad to the loop or will the 360 be good enough. I would also like to know if I should add some additional case fans for airflow. As of right now the case will have the stock fans and the 3 fans on the 360.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

·
Old School
1,636 Posts
A single 360 would be fine for a cpu/gpu loop, though this is OCN, so there's no such thing as overkill...
tongue.gif
More radiators are better, but it's not a linear gain, past a certain point it's not usually worth it. You'll see 1x120 per block thrown around as a rule fairly often, 1x120 per block + 1 extra 1x120 isn't uncommon, and beyond 2x120 per block the only real benefit is being able to run slower and slower fans for less noise.

·
Registered
256 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakageta View Post

A single 360 would be fine for a cpu/gpu loop, though this is OCN, so there's no such thing as overkill...
tongue.gif
More radiators are better, but it's not a linear gain, past a certain point it's not usually worth it. You'll see 1x120 per block thrown around as a rule fairly often, 1x120 per block + 1 extra 1x120 isn't uncommon, and beyond 2x120 per block the only real benefit is being able to run slower and slower fans for less noise.
I guess that answers my question.

Thanks for all the replies.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts