Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ive been thinking of going water for quite sum time now cuz summer is jsut around the corner and i would hate to lower my oc once its here. i just need opinions on the parts im about to order. or if u have sumting better to recommend. heres my list

http://www.frozencpu.com/ord/basket....35HW&mv_pc=460

·
Registered
1,789 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
The tubing and the GPU block are fine, but you will need RAMsinks for your video card.

Forget about the rest of that stuff and get these parts:

CPU: Swiftech Apogee or STORM (STORM out performs the Apogee by about a degree or so) Both of these blocks are better.

Rad: get a 77" Bonneville dual heatercore. They are great and cost about $20-30. you have to cut of the ends of the tubes but that isn't that hard.

Pump: The Danger Den D5 is a great pump and is referred to as the best on the market. The least you should go for is 250gph and 6ft of head (also know as water column)

Fluid: As far as fluid goes you can just use distilled water with a bit of antifreeze and it will do fine and be a lot cheaper. I use Danger Den MCT-5 and I love it. It is non conductive, but can match water in temps.

Don't forget a T line or a Res. I'm switching from a res to a T line because I think it will be a much easier setup and it will free up a Drive bay.

As far as your temp question goes it really depends on your room temp. I think that dual flow rads give better temps as long as you have a decent pump.

·
Registered
965 Posts
you dont NEED ram sinks, but they typically help

My 6600gt has none, and I get 1.12 stable on the memory without trying to push it hard

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
You pump costs WAY to much, the DD D5 or the Swiftech MCP655 (same pump) cost much less, are are better pumps.

Get a Apogee, it is only $40, and is a much better waterblock!

Only get a Dual heatcore if you don't mind your system being bulky. It is true that the dual heatercore out performs any radiators out there, but it is larger.

If you want to see my rig:
http://www.overclock.net/water-cooli...ctures-my.html

*note Snerp.... The Apogee out performs the Storm by 1 degree.....

Quote:

As a result the Apogee water-block may outperform our STORM model by a up to 1°C

From www.swiftnets.com

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi

*note Snerp.... The Apogee out performs the Storm by 1 degree.....
From www.swiftnets.com

there have been other tests that say the opposite, but either way you cant go wrong.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
1 - 9 of 9 Posts