Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
? You looking to spend $100 on just the block for your card or $100 on the whole loop?This might help you find as block for your card it easy to use LINK

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, sorry, looking to spend $100 on the waterblock itself. I have an offer to sell my h100 to a friend, and was thinking of just adding the GPU to my CPU water loop ( full rad, pump, etc ) which would only bit a little bit more cash out of my pocket to upgrade, and i'll just deal with the crappy air cooler on it till it comes in. ( cut down case clutter, wires, and fans )

EDIT: the Galaxy 560 is not listed in that utility.
frown.gif

·
Registered
1,810 Posts
You might have to use a universal block with ram heat sinks. And this is not a bad thing because when you buy a new card you can reuse your waterblock
smile.gif

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, any links to one? ( i'm a first time builder, and bought my current loop used off a friend )

Only problem i see, most universal coolers are not very SLI friendly ( without having to buy 90° adapters or something)

I have some extra barbs, which is nice.

with the h100 rigged, i'm topping out at 70° in Crysis (most GPU intense game i've played on the system so far ) with CPU at 45°~ or so
and the h100 is connected to the main CPU fan port, so it speeds up/slows down based on CPU usage, and with a full loop, it would be a constant cooling effect)
Mainly, I would have extra fans to turn the giant rad i have for the CPU in to a push/pull with 3 push/3 pull fans ( dont know exact dimentions, but its 3 fans per side, and about 3" thick )

(and right now, i already have vram heatsinks on the vram chips)

Side note, i idol at around 30-35°c when basic web browsing, on an i7 2600k ( i think standard clock, but my i saw where my bios seemed to set it to 4.5 ghz by itself?)
not sure if those temps are good or not, i don't understand how some people get 20-29° temps with standard water loops?

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was also thinking of chopping up the h100... it uses 1/4" tubing, right now i'm using 1/2" in my full loop, but if i cut the rad/tubing off the h100, and then put a 1/4" barb on the exit port of the CPU, and ran that to the h100 block on the GPU, and ran the out back to the res, then I could essentially have the same thing ( without having to buy any new parts, and just an after noon of work )

would going from a 1/2" to 1/4" hurt the system?

only thing i'm worried about is if i did that, would the pump in the h100 ( hooked up and running ) hurt the cooling? there is probably a way i could take it out completely.

so, only cost would be for $5 for some extra tubing, and $1 for a gallon of water. and probably a few hours of work.

ideas?

EDIT: this is what i have now
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/14183/ex-wat-182/XSPC_Rasa_750_RX360_Universal_CPU_Triple_Radiator_Water_Cooling_Kit_w_RX360_Radiator_and_Free_Kill_Coil.html?tl=c83s137b49

1 - 6 of 6 Posts