Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
:)
11,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello :)

Have been thinking of going for a waterchiller for next upgrade, and unsure of what would be recommended as this is not what I have used before.
This would be for a planned 2018 high end upgrade, think in the direction of current i9 7980x + 2x Titan XP overclocked as high as possible (only next generation of those again).

What can be expected from a good waterchiller temperature wise with a similar setup like mentioned above, and how quiet can it truly be? As I prefer silent computers, if the chiller is as quiet as possible this would be preferable. While performance should be there as well of course :thumb:

Thanks for your time.

EDIT: Found 3 units that I am considering so far!
Koolance EXC-800 Portable with 800w cooling capacity: http://koolance.com/exc-800-portable-800W-recirculating-chiller
Alphacool Eiszeit 2000 with 1500w cooling capacity: https://www.aquatuning.de/water-coo...10/alphacool-eiszeit-2000-chiller-black?c=594
Hailea Ultra 2000 with 1650w cooling capacity: https://www.aquatuning.de/water-coo...ltra-2000-hc1000-1650w-cooling-capacity?c=594

The Koolance and Alphacool units seem to be a bit more fit for computer use, however heard of those that are happy with Hailea for computers.
Looking for more suggestions, if you have any or experience with this it would no doubt be welcome!

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Waterchillers sound like mini fridges/portable ac units running they are by no means silent. If you want silence go for tons of external rad space and "booster" pumps next to them so you can run everything on lower settings.

Well unless you can put the chiller I another room and route the tubing through a wall or another opening so you isolate yourself from the noise.

·
Maximum OCN
1,575 Posts
Hello :)

Have been thinking of going for a waterchiller for next upgrade, and unsure of what would be recommended as this is not what I have used before.
This would be for a planned 2018 high end upgrade, think in the direction of current i9 7980x + 2x Titan XP overclocked as high as possible (only next generation of those again).

What can be expected from a good waterchiller temperature wise with a similar setup like mentioned above, and how quiet can it truly be? As I prefer silent computers, if the chiller is as quiet as possible this would be preferable. While performance should be there as well of course :thumb:

Thanks for your time.
Highly recommend the Koolance EXC-800 Portable 800W Recirculating Liquid Chiller. Definitely the best chiller on the market. I am chillin a 7980Xe and TitanXp and run at 6c and it does not even break a sweat. Sound like a refrigerator running with fans.

·
11,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Waterchillers sound like mini fridges/portable ac units running they are by no means silent. If you want silence go for tons of external rad space and "booster" pumps next to them so you can run everything on lower settings.

Well unless you can put the chiller I another room and route the tubing through a wall or another opening so you isolate yourself from the noise.
Well there are silent fridges out there as well, which are basically without sound! Which is what I was hoping to find with the right performance while at it.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Highly recommend the Koolance EXC-800 Portable 800W Recirculating Liquid Chiller. Definitely the best chiller on the market. I am chillin a 7980Xe and TitanXp and run at 6c and it does not even break a sweat. Sound like a refrigerator running with fans.

Thank you for sharing, nice setup you have! What clocks are you running at, and how are load temperatures? I have seen that unit before, but ended heading more towards Alphacool Eiszeit 2000 with 1500w cooling capacity, or the Hailea Ultra 2000 that offers 1650w cooling capacity. Heard some places that it might be a bit to little with 600-1000w for a high end overclocked system, therefor very interested in your load temps and clocks with 800w cooling capacity.

Links to the units I am speaking of
Alphacool Eiszeit 2000: https://www.aquatuning.de/water-coo...10/alphacool-eiszeit-2000-chiller-black?c=594
Hailea Ultra 2000: https://www.aquatuning.de/water-coo...ltra-2000-hc1000-1650w-cooling-capacity?c=594

·
Maximum OCN
1,575 Posts
Well there are silent fridges out there as well, which are basically without sound! Which is what I was hoping to find with the right performance while at it.

Thanks for the suggestions!

Thank you for sharing, nice setup you have! What clocks are you running at, and how are load temperatures? I have seen that unit before, but ended heading more towards Alphacool Eiszeit 2000 with 1500w cooling capacity, or the Hailea Ultra 2000 that offers 1650w cooling capacity. Heard some places that it might be a bit to little with 600-1000w for a high end overclocked system, therefor very interested in your load temps and clocks with 800w cooling capacity.

Links to the units I am speaking of
Alphacool Eiszeit 2000: https://www.aquatuning.de/water-coo...10/alphacool-eiszeit-2000-chiller-black?c=594
Hailea Ultra 2000: https://www.aquatuning.de/water-coo...ltra-2000-hc1000-1650w-cooling-capacity?c=594
When running benchmarks [email protected]/3.0 cashe max temp under 50c and Titan [email protected]/793 offsets core/memory max temp19c. Water temp 7c I really like Koolance products and those other spec's can be deceiving. This chiller will cool well below 0c you just have to protect you hardware from condensation. Good luck with whatever you choose.

• Rep+
Reactions: go4life

·
11,146 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
When running benchmarks [email protected]/3.0 cashe max temp under 50c and Titan [email protected]/793 offsets core/memory max temp19c. Water temp 7c I really like Koolance products and those other spec's can be deceiving. This chiller will cool well below 0c you just have to protect you hardware from condensation. Good luck with whatever you choose.

Thanks again. Not bad at all, seems like you are covered when it comes to cooling for your nice looking setup :thumb: Since I am most likely going to cool CPU + motherboard + 2x GPU's compared to your CPU + 1 GPU it might be worth going for one of those models with a bit more cooling capacity. Seems like the Koolance unit is made for the US market only as well, at least did not see any EU 230v plug on their site (Will search more for that later).

So far I like the Alphacool and Koolance units best, seems to be very good both of them. Might end up with "just" traditional watercooling as well. It is currently between waterchiller or conventional watercooling. After having many custom watercooling setups, feel like the next move to spice it up a bit would be a waterchiller. However as the new generation that I looking forward to upgrade to has yet to present, still waiting until later to order any. Hoping that the parts I am looking for will present in 2018 some time.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
Thanks again. Not bad at all, seems like you are covered when it comes to cooling for your nice looking setup :thumb: Since I am most likely going to cool CPU + motherboard + 2x GPU's compared to your CPU + 1 GPU it might be worth going for one of those models with a bit more cooling capacity. Seems like the Koolance unit is made for the US market only as well, at least did not see any EU 230v plug on their site (Will search more for that later).

So far I like the Alphacool and Koolance units best, seems to be very good both of them. Might end up with "just" traditional watercooling as well. It is currently between waterchiller or conventional watercooling. After having many custom watercooling setups, feel like the next move to spice it up a bit would be a waterchiller. However as the new generation that I looking forward to upgrade to has yet to present, still waiting until later to order any. Hoping that the parts I am looking for will present in 2018 some time.

Necroposting 101:

What did you decide to go with? I am now also looking at chillers for 2 GPUs and a CPU.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts