Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,090 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So here's my idea. I was thinking I could get a tiny pump, reservoir, and radiator (not anything that they'd sell at petras or anything like that, and then find a block that I could work with inside my laptop. I have a free laptop hdd slot which I could put the pump and res in. Obviously this wouldn't be using the same tubing as a regular wc loop, I would have to use some tubing that would be about the size of a drinking straw, which I have at home here. I really just want to cool my laptop gpu. What do you guys think? I've seen some threads on this, but i'd like to fit it inside the case of the laptop.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Where would you get a pump the size of a laptop HDD?

Even if you could get it setup, I doubt it would work... flow rate would be much too slow, and rad... I don't even know how you would do that.

·
Premium Member
4,862 Posts
not to rain on your parade but I don't see it working out. the parts would be to small and to expansive to make it practical.

·
Registered
449 Posts

·
Registered
2,831 Posts
This has potential but to be and internal loop would be to big to fit in a laptop, it would have to have external fans, reservoirs, pumps and radiators, and besides that it would be to heave to carry around

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've actually been looking into to something similar for my HP 8710w 17" laptop. However I was thinking of using my phase change cooler and air instead. Here's my thinking:

Retrofit a copper plate to the internal cpu to be used as a heatsink so that from outside of the laptop I could bolt on either a rifle cooler, or attach my phase change cooler. I was going to use this for cooling the fins of the rifle cooler: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

anyways I have an intel x9000 core 2 duo with an unlocked multiplier that has been running at 3.2ghz in other laptops after OC'ing.

there's some other issues to consider but I think you all get the idea. I think in the end my MB and ram are going to be bottlenecks and limit me to around 3.2-3.3ghz

1 - 12 of 12 Posts