Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi there,

Yesterday I put together my first custom water cooling loop, and today decided to fill it up. Once filling my reservoir up half way however, I attempted to power cycle it on and off in order to drain the res and refill. When I turned it on however, the pump physically did not 'intake' any water and the water level of the reservoir did not decrease. Can someone please help me as to why this is, is it a faulty pump? At first I thought it could be, but I have followed all necessary precautions and the pump has always had a extremely good reputation. Following that, my reservoir is also higher then my pump, and directly connected to it via a male to male fitting (i can take pictures if needed).

Please help as I really just want to get this water flowing and get back on my pc
frown.gif

thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I am using the alphacool d5 pump with their acetal top fitted on to it. Then attatched to the top of that is a tube reservoir.

·
Registered
834 Posts
+1 for picture. It could've been just a simple mistake of mixing the inlet and outlet.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

I hope thats okay.

Also, please ignore the fact that my reservoir is half crooked, its just where I've been fiddling with it to try make the bloody thing all work lol.

·
Registered
267 Posts
You have the reservoir and discharge both connected to outlets. The In on the top part is the one toward the center on the top and the one in the center on the front.

·
Registered
834 Posts
It's hard to see, but if you look underneath the res - the arrow seem to suggest it's an outlet... ?

I don't know why they can't just use words "in and out" rather than symbols.

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
^ Right.

For a D5, you want the res connected to the middle port on the biggest side of the pump, and the outlet where you have the res connected now.

I just hope you haven't done any damage to the pump...

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So in order to fix my problem I need to switch either the switch the reservoir or tube to the opposit port in which it is in? Guess I've now gotta drain the current liquid in my loop out then
frown.gif

·
Registered
1,051 Posts
Yes you will have to drain. Just reorient the pump so that the circle part is facing down and switch around the connections and you should be ok. The res should connect to the port in the middle of the square right next to the Alphacool logo, and the tube should go where the res is right now.

EDIT: Looking at it again there is an easier solution, just switch the res to the connection that is right next to it. That will solve the problem.
EDIT2: Same as what is said just below.
tongue.gif

·
Registered
267 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,385 Posts
Simple mistake. :]

Ask more questions.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts