Overclock.net banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Invalid Media
6,438 Posts
can ne1 recommend a good full tower pc case for watercooling? vertical mounted mobo, with capacity to mount caster to move around easier.
...depending on the dimensions of the rads you plan to use, I can recommend TT Core P5/6 and TT Core P8 -the latter is humongous and can be configured various different ways (open, closed, vertical, horizontal). In 2nd spoiler, obviously a custom variation but if you check the specs of the TT Core P8, it lists all the possible rad combos...

Office equipment Font Computer hardware Machine Electronic instrument

Purple Houseplant Personal computer Plant Computer

·
Invalid Media
6,438 Posts
can p5 mount any caster?
...depends what you mean by 'any caster'. The legs of the Cor eP5/8 are held in w/ bolts and as long as the bolt spacing is correct, it should work. That said, I haven't used casters on the TT Core cases themselves but they sit on computer desks that have wheels...these things can weigh a lot, especially with a lot of w-cooling equipment, glass etc.

·
Premium Member
4,491 Posts
...depending on the dimensions of the rads you plan to use, I can recommend TT Core P5/6 and TT Core P8 -the latter is humongous and can be configured various different ways (open, closed, vertical, horizontal). In 2nd spoiler, obviously a custom variation but if you check the specs of the TT Core P8, it lists all the possible rad combos...

Nobody should recommend anything Thermalfake at any time for any reason. Never give them a single penny

·
Registered
4,890 Posts
Most of it will involve you doing your diy work to install an caster. You can't get any caster too as its needs to have lot of weight support. Like Shawnb99 said, ideally just wait for caselabs revival if your budget can afford them.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
whats wrong with TT?

also seem caselab is the only recommendation, what about lian li, phantek etc etc? btw didnt caselab went under?
They tend to be the "China" manufacturer of cases. They copy everyone and just make it cheaper and poopier.

And when they try to make something "unique" its completely in left field with a football bat with an outrageous price tag.

One case I do like from Thermaltake is the Core WP100 and WP200. Both have caster wheels btw.

Amazon.com: Thermaltake Core W200 Dual System Capable Extreme Water Cooling XL-ATX Fully Modular/Dismantle Stackable Tt Certified Super Tower Computer Case CA-1F5-00F1WN-00 Black

Just don't look at the price 😬

·
Vandelay Industries
2,653 Posts
whats wrong with TT?

also seem caselab is the only recommendation, what about lian li, phantek etc etc? btw didnt caselab went under?
TBH (in terms of cases) nothing......I mean cases don't need to be all that great to function, so unless overpriced, there's nothing really wrong with them. Some ppl got really upset when TT copied CL and made it cheaper alternative.

Their products that rely on functioning properly...PSUs, fans, etc...are another story

·
Invalid Media
6,438 Posts
whats wrong with TT?

...some years back, TT introduced a case very similar to a CaseLabs model. CaseLabs took legal action, but TT's legal muscle won the day... certainly not an isolated 'case' in industry in general. Also, some of TT's more original designs (ie. the TT Core series) have been copied by various other manufacturers as well...what goes around comes around, I guess. Anyway, some years later, and according to CaseLabs' boss > at the time, "CaseLabs announced that it was shutting down permanently in August 2018, citing Trump tariffs cutting into margins by "raising prices by almost 80%", and the "default of a large account"...

Last fall, it was announced that the bankrupt CaseLabs' IP had been sold to a new owner who is trying to resurrect it as it still has a strong brand name / following. However, no retail products yet at this stage afiak, and with the latest labour shortages and big increases in raw material prices, I reckon the wait may be quite long...

IMO, TT makes some high-quality cases I enjoy building with...I prefer the TT Core series for a variety of reasons, but they also make a lot of caster-equipped cases, ie. for workstations. I also use some of their big Pacific CL rads, and have a 240mm AIO from early 2013 that is still going strong, 9+ years later. Other offerings by TT are less impressive, so I skip those. FYI, Lian Li, Phanteks et al also make some great cases.

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
TBH (in terms of cases) nothing......I mean cases don't need to be all that great to function, so unless overpriced, there's nothing really wrong with them. Some ppl got really upset when TT copied CL and made it cheaper alternative.

Their products that rely on functioning properly...PSUs, fans, etc...are another story
...some years back, TT introduced a case very similar to a CaseLabs model. CaseLabs took legal action, but TT's legal muscle won the day... certainly not an isolated 'case' in industry in general. Also, some of TT's more original designs (ie. the TT Core series) have been copied by various other manufacturers as well...what goes around comes around, I guess. Anyway, some years later, and according to CaseLabs' boss > at the time, "CaseLabs announced that it was shutting down permanently in August 2018, citing Trump tariffs cutting into margins by "raising prices by almost 80%", and the "default of a large account"...

Last fall, it was announced that the bankrupt CaseLabs' IP had been sold to a new owner who is trying to resurrect it as it still has a strong brand name / following. However, no retail products yet at this stage afiak, and with the latest labour shortages and big increases in raw material prices, I reckon the wait may be quite long...

IMO, TT makes some high-quality cases I enjoy building with...I prefer the TT Core series for a variety of reasons, but they also make a lot of caster-equipped cases, ie. for workstations. I also use some of their big Pacific CL rads, and have a 240mm AIO from early 2013 that is still going strong, 9+ years later. Other offerings by TT are less impressive, so I skip those. FYI, Lian Li, Phanteks et al also make some great cases.
Thermaltake's, Thermalfake's, [email protected]'s, reputation started well before CaseLabs but yes, I would admit they have decent products but they put a bad taste in my mouth way back in 2007 and I've never stopped being biased towards them since.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i was looking at the bitspower titan 2.0. just curious is there other case like that where it shows the water plate(not sure whats called?) at the front or side? prefer a big case to handle 1x480 and 1x360 rad

1 - 14 of 14 Posts