My new rig is whats in my sig.

Currently I have the following:

EK 4870x2 full waterblock
Swiftech MCP240 radiator
D-Tez Fuzion CPU block (missing the screw mounts and backplate
)
Swiftech MCP335 pump with petra top
Swiftech mini res

Now the main issue is the radiator and cpu block. I want to watercool both the CPU and the GPU. I'm pretty sure the 240 rad is insufficient but a 360 will be ok for now.

The Cpu block is missing the screws and backplate. I can get the screws from coolercases.co.uk for 8 pounds and use the mobo backplate I guess.

However I bought this cpu block back when i had a phenom 1 BE on their release. Would buying the screws and mounting it on this cpu be ok?

Alternatively can you reccomend a good (but not expensive) cpu block for this cpu and a 360 radiator? I was looking into the EK Supreme LT. The radiator I am looking for a EK one (cheap) or BlackIce SR-1 (if it has that much better performance). Can you also recommend fans that will be silent with these 2 rads?

All advises welcome!

Thanks!

[edit] changed title from loop to components to make it more clear

[edit] added rad+fans

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts
If you are buying a new CPU block then don't go with the the EK Supreme LT, go for the HF version (copper / nickel / gold). It performs much better than the LT and is less restrictive. Either that or the XSPC Rasa, which performs similarly to the EK HF with even less restriction. The Rasa is available from watercooling.co.uk for about £45.

The EK rads don't look great performance wise. That's not to say that they are bad radiators, just that there are better ones available.

If you want quiet, I would recommend the XSPC RX series of radiators with Scythe Gentle Typhoon fans from personal experience. If you want to read a good 360 Rad round up, there is one on the same site(here). It might help you decide on which rad to get.

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sweet ginger thnx for the reply!

I'll give those a read over and post back here if i have more questions!

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok I think im gonna go with the XSPC RX360 rad. However will that fit in my case or should i go for the RS360? Its cheaper but is the performance compromised?

I am also thinking of getting the scythe gentle 1450 rpm fans. Think there is quite a noise difference between them and the 1850.

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts
As prtuc2 says, the RX series rads are far better than RS performance wise. Also the GT 1450's (AP-14) will be fine. Its a bit of a pain trying to find the 1850's (AP-15) anyway.

If you do go 1850:

1. Tell me where you got them!
2. A fan controller will probably be needed if you are after silence

·
Unwilling Beta tester
7,188 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Firann
View Post

Haha yeah i said i'm gonna go with the 1450 for more quite but contrary to your comment:

http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/p/Sc...0-RPM_945.html

they have teh 1850 in stock but not the 1450 hehe! Hope it helps you

Ha, ironic! The AP-15's have been out of stock everywhere for a while. I make one comment and look what happens.

Lets try an experiment:

I never get given bags of money, or tons of rep....

Now to sit back and let the fame and fortune roll in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts