Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
I guess it would work though it seems like a hasle for a little temp change. But what do you mean by an AC unit? like a household fan or a 80mm fan or an industrial AC fan on an airtight case?

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
I would imagine it would make a difference, but why not blow it on the rad?

·
Registered
997 Posts
I dont know if im understanding the Diagram or not,but you have an existing wc system and want to known if piping an AC duct into the case will help temps?

Yes,it will work,yes it will lower temps. The colder the flow inwards,the colder the overall case. If you can get the case interior to sub ambient,your fans will then be using sub ambient air to cool the rad etc,thereby giving you better temps.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TylerBello

I dont know if im understanding the Diagram or not,but you have an existing wc system and want to known if piping an AC duct into the case will help temps?

Yes,it will work,yes it will lower temps. The colder the flow inwards,the colder the overall case. If you can get the case interior to sub ambient,your fans will then be using sub ambient air to cool the rad etc,thereby giving you better temps.

The case wouldn't get to sub-ambient by venting in from the AC unit.

·
Premium Member
4,993 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well basicly, atm I dont have any fans that are directly pointing at my res or connected to my res. I have a '77 heatercore, and I have 2 shrouds on either side of the '77 heatercore with 2 120mm fans on each side (4 fans on the heatercore in total) and I am not sure if thats enough or do I need to cool my res as well? The res and most of the setup will be outside of my case. My case will therefore have the sidepanel removed.

I was wondering if they sold like a mini ac unit or something I could mold to the res... I duno. something of that nature.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by wowza

The case wouldn't get to sub-ambient by venting in from the AC unit.

(Attachment for Reference)

Your case temps would,if A/C wasnt sub ambient,it would be useless.

Unless you are referring to an A/C unit at the reservoir not getting the case sub ambient,no it wouldnt,but piping it into the case would,thats what I was referring to.

There are very small A/C units out there that dont utilize phase change,peltiers rather.

Such as this:

http://www.sytrin.com/3b.html

Theyve been known for a difference of 2-3 degrees when placed within the case,but the difference on a Res would be minimal,if at all,especially outside of the case.

·
Registered
4,046 Posts
Its probably not worth the trouble man, Its going to be bulky and having 4 rads on your setup is probably doing virtually everything you can. 4 fans with shrouds on a massive heatercore? You dont have SLI and you have an solid AMD. That should be about as good as you can get.

·
SNERP!!!
4,183 Posts
Unless you go get a 3x120mm rad you are getting the best temps you are going to get. You could also get better fans.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts