Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have few questions. First, on the 1900xtx, there are heatsinks over the video RAM, but because they are enclosed in the dual-slot fan, they get air cooled too. If I were to put a water block on just the gpu (maze4 or something), would the video ram get enough cooling. My cousin recently bought a water block through corsair that was bundled with his nautilus and lately he has been getting artifacts. Could this be attributed to overheating video ram? I do plan to overclock my x1900xtx after I buy a gpu block, but if this lack of video ram cooling will cause problems after an overclock, shouldn't I go with a block that will cover the ram too? Like a tyee or something...

Second question:
Which is better? The maze 4 block or the maze 5 block? The price difference is so small, I may as well get a maze5 if it is indeed better.

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Premium Member
22,477 Posts
Glad you found it....

·
Registered
711 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Okay, I think I will get a maze5. It is ~$5 more or something so why not. Based on Burn's guess that the higher surface area could be more useful on hotter cards (the x1900xtx is hot
) I can't see myself going wrong. I highly doubt danger den made their product worse. The main question now is whether or not my video ram needs to be cooled further...

·
Premium Member
13,844 Posts
Nice choice
I think you will love it. And yes, I believe that the increase heat output of the 1900 series will make the increased surface area of the Maze5 worth it. Nice one

·
Premium Member
9,589 Posts
I know a Danger Den X18 block can be modded to fit an X1900 card...but I don't know how (yet).

I just happen to have an X18 block for sale too

1 - 10 of 10 Posts