Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys i have a ek D5 pump and res combo (250 lite res) currently i am running 1gpu and cpu loop, res-pump-gpu-cpu-rad (360), i am looking to get my 2nd waterblock, (gtx 970 x 2) (i7 2600k 4.6ghz)

I was wondering if i could go res-pump-gpu-gpu-cpu-rad-rad??

or is it best to go res- pump - gpu (in parallel) - rad - cpu - rad ??

any opinions would be great thank you for a new loop thank you

·
Registered
31 Posts
To be frank, if u research the internet, any order is not really important. The difference is not major. However the best config is to put a rad before each major part

·
WaterCooler
1,341 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gantzzz View Post

To be frank, if u research the internet, any order is not really important. The difference is not major. However the best config is to put a rad before each major part
loop order is not important, just go with what works best for tube routing/aesthetics.
thumb.gif

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Running the GPU in parallel offer more flow rate some say they don't cool as good but mine stay within 1c of each other. When it comes to radiators I think most will agree no such thing as too many/much radiator lol If you have the space go for it man.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,206 Posts
The only importance in loop order is that the reservoir comes directly before the pump inlet. And that is a very important point.

Two 360mm on two 970 and a 2600K is definitely overkill given their cooler running nature. But, as was pointed out, this will be a great asset with keeping fan speeds and noise to a minimum. I was running something similar with a 280mm+360mm. The fans on the 360 were set to stay off until liquid temperature began to rise. More rad than necessary gives you some nice options to play with.

·
I've no idea what I'm doi
2,240 Posts
Since you have a pump/res combo, your loop order is unimportant as everyone else said.
Also like everyone else said, 2x360mm is overkill, but it means your fans can be off for the most part and you'd still be fine. Its what I'd do if my case allowed me.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts