Overclock.net banner

21 - 40 of 7380 Posts

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
Well this is a rather sad occurence
Are me and the developer the only ones to get Waterfox working with zero issue?
frown.gif

·
Banned
568 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by xd_1771;12913883
Well this is a rather sad occurence
Are me and the developer the only ones to get Waterfox working with zero issue?
frown.gif
Well, this is first time it happen from the day yesterday I am using. Doesn't have 2nd occure yet so...

Oki it seems to be occure when I open this website...

http://www.mycrysis.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=40&t=14734

Edit: Turning plugin off or on doesn't seems any effect.

Edit: Fixed by installed ''no-script addon'' 64 bits is working great atm. ^_^

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #24
Quote:
Originally Posted by derickwm;12913915
I'll give it a shot tomorrow on my desktop!

Very good work though OP! I haven't used Firefox in years but this is kind of intriguing.
Thanks
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
3,485 Posts
I'll give it a go later tonight

·
Registered
2,926 Posts
On it now, will report back with any problems. All's good so far Cap'n !
redface.gif
biggrin.gif

Edit : Problem, when I open Waterfox off a cold boot, and attempt to open 3 tabs one after the other quickly (Facebook, Twitter and OCN) Waterfox displays the (not responding) message. It does sort whatever the problem is within about 15 seconds though

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #30
Thanks, glad it's working for everyone
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
Ditto. Do the standard addons like adblock plus work? Either way I'll give it a go when I get home. Silly work computer is 32-bit.

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yes, add-ons work on ANY version of Firefox on ANY platform. That's the whole point of it
tongue.gif

·
Registered
1,528 Posts
Like it a lot, anyone on the fence about trying it, just get it....

·
jones bones
258 Posts
I ran a peacekeeper benchie and got a score of 4057. I have some add-ons; adblockplus +3 fanboy's adblock lists, better privacy, noscript, a custom skin and page resizer. I also installed the 64-bit versions of flash and java from MrAlex's page.

this is the 1st time i ever ran a browser benchmark... are these add-ons slowing it down to get a low score? I seen ff4 (32 bit) on other forums getting above 5k.

But everything about this browser is great. It "adapted" everything from my ff4 install, and i have it pretty configured. Everything copied perfectly! Rep for MrAlex!

·
Premium Member
20,621 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz;12934936
I ran a peacekeeper benchie and got a score of 4057. I have some add-ons; adblockplus +3 fanboy's adblock lists, better privacy, noscript, a custom skin and page resizer. I also installed the 64-bit versions of flash and java from MrAlex's page.

this is the 1st time i ever ran a browser benchmark... are these add-ons slowing it down to get a low score? I seen ff4 (32 bit) on other forums getting above 5k.

But everything about this browser is great. It "adapted" everything from my ff4 install, and i have it pretty configured. Everything copied perfectly! Rep for MrAlex!
What is this--I've got 46 different addons and I'm getting within the 6000s for peacekeeper
eek.gif

Perhaps you're doing it wrong?
tongue.gif

·
jones bones
258 Posts
I just ran another test after installing ghostery...Your fastest score for Firefox (waterfox)4.0
3786 Points. What could i be doing wrong? Ha..."doing it wrong' is your usertitle...just noticed that...good one...
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
797 Posts
Waterfox is using twice the memory that Firefox uses. I know 64-bit applications have more overhead but double seems a little excessive. Maybe I'm doing something wrong.

EDIT: Seems like I checked memory usage at the worst possible time haha. After some more browsing, average memory usage has dropped a fair bit.

·
Premium Member
4,026 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
Quote:
Originally Posted by C-zom;12938790
Very nice, very stable. Don't be afraid to optimize in the future further.
thumb.gif
I might release seperate builds with SSSE3 and SSE 4.1/4.2 enabled
tongue.gif

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaz;12934936

Your score on peacekeeper is affected by what hardware you have. Noticed that people with the same browser but different hardware get different scores? It's probably THE most unreliable benchmark to use
tongue.gif

21 - 40 of 7380 Posts