Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My current setup I have a RX360 > Res/pump > CPU I plan on getting a 7990 and getting a water block and was wondering on suggestions for my loop cause I'm thinking of doing another 360 rad but getting a EX360 and was wondering if it should be

RX360 > Res/Pump > CPU > EX360 > GPU or if I should just do a seperate loop specifically for the GPU.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
Your current RX360 will sufficiently cool your 2600k and a 7970, if that's what you meant. You will want to add at least 120mm if you are actually talking about the 7990 when it comes out.

·
Registered
636 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybutcher View Post

Your current RX360 will sufficiently cool your 2600k and a 7970, if that's what you meant. You will want to add at least 120mm if you are actually talking about the 7990 when it comes out.
^This.

About the second loop, I would probably just make one loop with pumps in serial for redundancy when the time comes. I hear a GPU only loop is more trouble than it's worth, but don't have any firsthand experience in that matter (yet!)
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Yeah I meant a 7990 been Saving up for it, so with the extra 120 where should I mount it in this setup.

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
If you have an M8 currently, only you would know the best place. At that point, I would go with your original plan and just add another 360 as a 120 would look....silly
lachen.gif

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:

If you have an M8 currently, only you would know the best place. At that point, I would go with your original plan and just add another 360 as a 120 would look....silly
lachen.gif
well I know plenty of spots to mount it I meant put the rad in the loop >_< should it be

Rad > Res/Pump > CPU > Rad > GPU

·
Premium Member
4,349 Posts
The order in the loop really doesn't matter. If you can easily tube it between blocks, the block after the rad will see about a 1C water temperature difference. Not much to worry about unless it's an easy run
thumb.gif

·
Registered
240 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

The order in the loop really doesn't matter. If you can easily tube it between blocks, the block after the rad will see about a 1C water temperature difference. Not much to worry about unless it's an easy run
thumb.gif
Thanks that's good to know.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts