Overclock.net banner
2201 - 2220 of 2229 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Doyll thanks for the reply!
The person is selling it because he changes to an all white system.
I have a heart biting to buy it and test it :) but i don;t know if its loud and if it could lower my temperatures even more especially when i get the 3950x.

Also i don't know if their any fails with this AIO water cooler.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Output device Computer keyboard Peripheral Table Mouse

Finally ripped of the front panel while the kids are away, I do feel like its not getting choked anymore thanks to ciarlatano.
Could not install the 2x 140mm inside the case so i improvised outside thanks Doyll.
It aint preety nor maybe efficent as it could be but i think its a lot better then before.

Wife aint gonna be happy when she sees another mod inside the house but hey this aint her pc.

·
Premium Member
27,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,203 ·
Doyll thanks for the reply!
The person is selling it because he changes to an all white system.
I have a heart biting to buy it and test it :) but i don;t know if its loud and if it could lower my temperatures even more especially when i get the 3950x.

Also i don't know if their any fails with this AIO water cooler.
I was wrong. I have their original Silent Loop (made by Aphacool), not Pure Loop (made by KD Industrial). Pure Loop has aluminum radiator with fill port and used inline pump about 5cm from radiator. They seem to perform well. I'm guessing it will cool a few degrees better than ARO-M14G, but don't think it will be as quiet, and definitely will not last as long as ARO-M14G. Air coolers last almost forever with only fan to wear out and out-dated mount to stop their use. AIO/CLCs last 2-6 years depending on load. When pump wears out they are basically junk. Silent Loop having fill port is nice, but port is on radiator end, so to add coolant with it mounted in top vent of Enthoo Pro M you might be able to turn case on it's front or back to add coolant, but then fill port will be vertical, not flat. I think best way to top up coolant is to remove AIO from system. This will allow radiator to be positioned flat so fill port end higher than other end with other AIO components and at highest point in system would require removing radiator. Even then it's hoses run to and from same side of other end of radiator.

I'm pretty sure it will cool a little better than ARO-M14G, but can't say it's worth it or not. That is what you will need to decide for yourself. Sorry I can't give you a more definite answer.

·
Premium Member
27,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,204 ·
View attachment 2528663

Finally ripped of the front panel while the kids are away, I do feel like its not getting choked anymore thanks to ciarlatano.
Could not install the 2x 140mm inside the case so i improvised outside thanks Doyll.
It aint preety nor maybe efficent as it could be but i think its a lot better then before.

Wife aint gonna be happy when she sees another mod inside the house but hey this aint her pc.
That looks a lot better for airflow through case. Maybe just get a couple of filter grills to put on fans? Just google "140mm grill" to see some. ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
Doyll already bought it... :)
When it will arrive i will try to write here my impressions.

I will put it on the upper grill of the case. How i must put the fans? To push air to radiator and then the air come out of the upper grill or pull air?

·
Premium Member
27,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,206 ·
Doyll already bought it... :)
When it will arrive i will try to write here my impressions.

I will put it on the upper grill of the case. How i must put the fans? To push air to radiator and then the air come out of the upper grill or pull air?
I think there is as good a chance you will like it as not like it.

Yes, please do some comparison testing of both running at same fan speed / noise level so we can all learn how it they compare.

I would mount it in top as exhaust. Oh, and check it is full of coolant before using it. I usually run them for at least a couple hours before installing to be sure of no leaks. Set it so fill port is at top, remove fill port and fill if needed. Then Run it for awhile and then you can carefully loosen and remove fill port to see if it's still full. Running it with fill port at highest point should move all air up to that point.

·
Shooting down fallacies
8,896 Posts
View attachment 2528663

LOL, I would never choke anyone. ;)

I was only pushing popping the front off since I assumed it would be simple, and really looked like it was the root cause of your issues.

·
Premium Member
27,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,209 ·
It will be my first watercooler so i will try my best :)
Be careful how you say "water cooling". Real "water cooling" is done with individual components all assembled by user; radiator, pump, reservoir, waterblock, etc all with individual threaded fitting installed into them. Then the hose is put on the fittings connecting components together. After it's all assembled user fills it with coolant checking for leaks and fighting to get all the air bubbles out, ofthe while running pump. Then let it run for a day or so to make sure nothing is leaking. All of that is done on these CLCs. (I say CLC because many of us consider AIO that are not CLC to be pre-assembled components with all threaded fittings. They can be repaired if needed and have pumps that flow much more coolant in liters per hour than CLCs do. CLCs are sub group of AIO. CLCs are factory assembled uints with no way to dissassemble components from hose. This means when any component goes bad system is junk. Owner cannot repair it. Very few CLCs have fill ports like one you are getting. AIOs that are not CLC can have components replaced as needed. Custom built water cooled systems almost always use pumps that will flow up to 600 liter per hour. All but a very few CLCs have pumps that flow no more than 60 liter per hour. For comparison, that is only slightly faster flow than a health young adult urinates. Users like ciarlatano and I have build many very nice custom loops so know how much different they are from CLCs and AIOs. As a comparison, the stock cooler that comes with a CPU is a CLC and your ARO-M14G is a custom loop. Something like Hyper 212 is a CLC. ;)

·
Rig Advisor
3,678 Posts

·
Premium Member
27,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,213 ·
Before i put the pure loop is the liquid inside electrically conductive?
Does it have an danger to bring disaster inside case ?
Yes, it is definitely conductive and if it leaks it can damage things. That is why I run mine unmounted and outside of case for at least several hours, a day is better. Same as I do custom loops before I install them. ;)

·
Registered
54 Posts
I understand. Thanks again

From BeQuiet site :
My Silent Loop is leaking / has lost coolant, causing damage to other components in my system. What course of action should now be taken?

Unfortunately, on very rare occasions it can happen that coolant leaks from a Silent Loop due to a mechanical defect.
As the coolant liquid is not electrically conductive, any damage to peripheral devices is almost impossible.
After all the components have completely dried out, there should be nothing to prevent your system from operating normally again.

Heavy contamination inside the PC case, for example accumulated dust, can cause the coolant to become conductive.
For this reason, we recommend regular cleaning of the computer.

However, if you believe that other components have suffered damage, please contact our Service ([email protected]) staff, who will discuss further actions with you.

·
Premium Member
27,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,215 ·
I understand. Thanks again

From BeQuiet site :
My Silent Loop is leaking / has lost coolant, causing damage to other components in my system. What course of action should now be taken?

Unfortunately, on very rare occasions it can happen that coolant leaks from a Silent Loop due to a mechanical defect.
As the coolant liquid is not electrically conductive, any damage to peripheral devices is almost impossible.
After all the components have completely dried out, there should be nothing to prevent your system from operating normally again.

Heavy contamination inside the PC case, for example accumulated dust, can cause the coolant to become conductive.
For this reason, we recommend regular cleaning of the computer.

However, if you believe that other components have suffered damage, please contact our Service ([email protected]) staff, who will discuss further actions with you.
That may be accurate, but in my experience coolants become conductive after being used for awhile.

Distilled water is not conductive, but after being used in a system with aluminum or copper radiator, waterblock with copper base their is metal transfer from them into coolant making it conductive. Then the water becomes conductive.

Their statement is technically correct, but it has limitations. Any liquid used in a coolant loop will pick up trace metal particles and ions that escape from blocks/rads/etc. This causes the liquid to become conductive. This is of course compounded if that coolant leaks onto dust that has collected in your case making it even more conductive.

Distilled / very soft water actually draws metals from metal surfaces into it .. water normally has other things in it.

I think their claim of it being no-conductive is more a way to avoid having to pay for damages from leaks than proof coolant is non-conductive. You can believe what you want. I'm not going to believe water is non-conductive, distilled o not. ;)

• Rep+
Reactions: jura11

·
Registered
54 Posts
That may be accurate,.......
I think their claim of it being no-conductive is more a way to avoid having to pay for damages from leaks than proof coolant is non-conductive. You can believe what you want. I'm not going to believe water is non-conductive, distilled o not. ;)
I believe the same, to avoid having to pay for damages.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would like to ask if i can put the pump of the watercooler in the left side as we see it in the photo to avoid any air disruption from the front panel fans. I don't care if it doesn't appear the PURE LOOP logo.
Motor vehicle Electrical wiring Computer hardware Gas Auto part

·
Premium Member
27,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,218 ·
Should work fine as is or at back of case.

How is it working so far?

·
Registered
54 Posts
This photo wasn't mine. I found it on the internet to describe what i wanted to do.
I got the watercooler but the seller forgot to send me the Y splitter, sata cable and some screws :mad:
Now i wait to get them to continue.

·
Premium Member
27,897 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2,220 ·
This photo wasn't mine. I found it on the internet to describe what i wanted to do.
I got the watercooler but the seller forgot to send me the Y splitter, sata cable and some screws :mad:
Now i wait to get them to continue.
Bummer!
At least seller has them and is sending them to you. Will be nice to find out how it does vs ARO-M14G

2201 - 2220 of 2229 Posts