Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 141 Posts

·
under my nose
1,060 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
According to WZOR, Windows 9 will be similar to the desktop OS we know today. He claims that Microsoft is planning to bring the old Aero interface back, but not as we all know it. That's all he teases regarding the Aero interface, but he also claims that Windows 9 will make an appearance in a years time, Much sooner than expected.

Regarding Windows 10, it appears the operating system will be something rather different. WZOR claims that Windows 10 will be a full 'cloud OS', and that an internal desktop concept will be available on September 1st. As this is an 'internal' concept, we doubt it will be seen by the public.
Quote:
WZOR also claims that more details regarding everything you've read here will be available in September.
SOURCE FOR MORE!

Really?! I'm still having fun with Win 7 and never touch Win 8 just yet and here we got Win 9 coming sooner than expected.

Cloud OS? You gotta be kidding me.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moustache View Post

Cloud OS? You gotta be kidding me.
Don't you know, especially after this NSA debacle, it should be clear that these mega corporations are attempting to dumb down the "computer terminal" in millions of people's homes to a fully government controlled box? That you can't even make applications for any more without going through 'their' approval mechanism? That forces all your data into shady data centers? They got us by the cloud, people. Resistance is futile. Welcome to Windows 10.

·
Premium Member
8,386 Posts
They want everybody to use the cloud to store everything, so that NSA can have an easy access.
I guess windows got funded by NSA too to ensure microsoft's compliance.

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Windows 10 will be a massive failure if they keep the ******ed "Cloud OS" feature.
Tons of people today don't even have reliable internet, and depending on the location, that will probably take a long time to change.
Even if every square foot of the earth above and below the surface has access to the internet, I doubt people would like that idea of their operating system not being stored on their computer.

Linux seems to be getting pretty popular, hopefully it'll be usable for gaming by the time windows 10 comes out.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
NSA Dreamware = Windows 10

oh and GCHQ for good measure and all the other countries equivalent data (cough spy) centers. The cloud is basically a kick in the nuts to non corporate developer freedom

·
Premium Member
8,386 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow11377 View Post

Windows 10 will be a massive failure if they keep the ******ed "Cloud OS" feature.
Tons of people today don't even have reliable internet, and depending on the location, that will probably take a long time to change.
Even if every square foot of the earth above and below the surface has access to the internet, I doubt people would like that idea of their operating system not being stored on their computer.

Linux seems to be getting pretty popular, hopefully it'll be usable for gaming by the time windows 10 comes out.
Windows will only fail if there is a direct competition, linux is not. Maybe apple's but then anything that will replace windows will just gonna get funded by the NSA to get their "cloud" compliance.

There is no stopping it, unless there is a revolution.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostrider85 View Post

Windows will only fail if there is a direct competition, linux is not. Maybe apple's but then anything that will replace windows will just gonna get funded by the NSA to get their "cloud" compliance.

There is no stopping it, unless there is a revolution.
then perhaps at this point the lemmings should just walk off the cliff, buy windows 10 and let open source be the continually evolving playground of devs / gamers / writers / thinkers ?

·
Registered
1,763 Posts
Bring the Aero interface (even tho there are no details) back with Windows 9... Yes! Windows 10 being a cloud OS... hell no.

It seems like they're keeping the streak alive.
tongue.gif

·
Banned
668 Posts
Windows 10 will never happen at a consumer level. And I have my doubts Windows 9 will restore the classic desktop environment. He only said that Windows 9 will bring back the old Aero interface. So I imagine Windows 9 will be a Windows 8.1 look alike, except with Aero. Which is all cool with me. I don't foresee Microsoft giving up all that Windows 8 has become just like that. I personally don't believe any of it until we get photos with build numbers.

·
Registered
1,185 Posts
You people kill me with your NSA crap. You have no clue about what Windows 9 or 10 will be capable of and just because it's Microsoft and 10 is going to the cloud you already start crying about it and thinking they are in the NSA's pocket. Without getting political, perhaps we won't have to worry about the NSA as much in a couple of years...hint hint, wink wink.

·
Banned
12,731 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by *ka24e* View Post

Bring the Aero interface (even tho there are no details) back with Windows 9... Yes! Windows 10 being a cloud OS... hell no.

It seems like they're keeping the streak alive.
tongue.gif
This.

Only upgrade to ever other OS version.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow11377 View Post

Yup. If 9 isn't better than 7, then I will just continue my plan of using 7 for games, and Linux for everything else.

·
Ryzen Fan
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Opcode View Post

Windows 10 will never happen at a consumer level. And I have my doubts Windows 9 will restore the classic desktop environment. He only said that Windows 9 will bring back the old Aero interface. So I imagine Windows 9 will be a Windows 8.1 look alike, except with Aero. Which is all cool with me. I don't foresee Microsoft giving up all that Windows 8 has become just like that. I personally don't believe any of it until we get photos with build numbers.
This. I wouldn't really call this "details emerge" considering the lack of any credible information.

·
Registered
5,750 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by razorguy View Post

You people kill me with your NSA crap. You have no clue about what Windows 9 or 10 will be capable of and just because it's Microsoft and 10 is going to the cloud you already start crying about it and thinking they are in the NSA's pocket. Without getting political, perhaps we won't have to worry about the NSA as much in a couple of years...hint hint, wink wink.
people have lost trust in MS with certain things, they are knee deep in with the Gov and so therefore people (consumers) have a right to speculate or just consider the possibility even if its not true until proven otherwise. Also that is what this forum is for .. y'know discussing tech.

the fact is, if your on the net with corporate software then no amount of router / firewall guards will help you as they literally open the barn doors to help with 'passive' global surveillance. That may be fine as you have nothing to hide (and no principles either) but taking it to the cloud level just gets even more insidious as you literally have zero control over the finer points of standard security because they will do that for you

( or not )

So, if they can they will and with cloud they can more than a base desktop install and much more than an open source install.

They can disband the entities that carry out this stuff but we all know they will still be there and be made to look like an area52 conspiracy theory all over again... until the next leak.

·
Registered
1,116 Posts
Windows 9, huh... I was hoping for a more exciting name.

As always, this whole thread is already crawling with paranoia and doubt. Will you guys ever cut it out?

·
Registered
606 Posts
Windows 10 cloud OS? My god I am happy I started getting into building my own servers and purchased a 32U Rack enclosure, the day I no longer have control over my own files is the day I stop using computers. I honestly view the cloud as an unholy abomination, hell I just bought a new cell phone and by default it was configured to backup all my contacts, text messages, voicemails etc to a cloud service. I disabled that and all the other latest and greatest invade my privacy features before I put anything onto that phone....

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DVLux View Post

As always, this whole thread is already crawling with paranoia and doubt. Will you guys ever cut it out?
It is funny how windows 10 is already the worst windows ever and we literally only know 2 (rumored) words.

·
Registered
1,320 Posts
Crap. I don't want no Cloud.
tongue.gif

I want a blazingly fast OS, with as few layers as possible, with Windows 7 compatibility/functionality. To store things I already have a crapton of GBs provocatively shouting at me to fill them and make them DATA.
biggrin.gif

One of the hypotetical first things people would do with that hypotetical All-Cloud Storage in that hypotetical Windows 9-10 is try to hack/change the storage values to redirect to their own IP(127.0.0.1), probably through a custom VM server. That is, unless there are cleaner commercial/peg leg alternatives. Or Microsoft playing fair.

Microsoft playing fair? Why I've said that? Has anybody dropped anything in my coffee?
bigeyedsmiley.png

1 - 20 of 141 Posts