Overclock.net banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey OCN! I'm late for class so I'll make it short. I developed a leak in my computer last night and while sealing it up, I apparently loosed the fittings on another block. Water leaked all over the board, into the PCI-E ports; the whole nine yards. Everything continued to run after I cleaned it out, but it seemed a few drops got into the my Antec AX1200. I opened it up to clean it out, but I could find no trace of liquid inside it.

When I remove it from the case and jump the pins to boot it, it emits a light buzzing/whirring/snapping sound out of the rear port where the wall plug goes. There's a few caps back there, as well as a plethora of other components I can't identify. Is the PSU shot? The fan won't spin up, and it sounds like the issue is right where the power comes in.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
229 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep. It won't boot plugged into the machine, but it will give the grinding/whirring/crackling noise when I jump the pins.

Unfortunately this was my new replacement for my AX1200 that died two months back, so I'm worried I won't be able to RMA it.
frown.gif

1 - 4 of 4 Posts