Overclock.net banner

[WC log] TJ07 WC log **final pics** 7/27

4889 18
Hey fellow OCNers,

Well after a few months of finishing my U2F0 WC loop, I was left wondering how would my loop look if I went with my TJ07. So this is how my new WC log came about.

I counldnt resist the temoptation of taking my loop apart and putting it inside my TJ07. So I finally gave in.

I will be moving from a dual loop to a single loop with two pumps.

Here is what I am planning:

Mod the TJ07 to fit a triple rad and for cable management--Done!
Take the case apart and have it powder coated (black)--Done!
Get some EK-5870 water block--Done!
Get a quad rad--Done!
Get some white tubing--Done!
Get some 1/2" x 3/4" Bitspower Compression fittings--Done!
Get some Gentle Typhoons--Done!
Get some Ek NB & SB block for RIIE--Done!
Get some SSD--Done!
Get some EK res 250--Done!
Etc...

Here is the list of my WC components:

Apogee XT CPU water block
EK NB/SB RIIE waterblock
EK 5870 full cover waterblock
Black Ice SR1 480
Swiftech MCR320
2x MCP355 18w
15ft. White Primochill 1/2" ID x 3/4" OD tubing
16x Bitspower Compresion fittings
7x Bitspower 45 degree rotary fittings
EK res 250
Pics coming soon!!

I will be posting links here of the pages with pics so that it will be easy for everyone:

Part 1--Modding TJ07 and pics after powder coating
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Wow. I'm just amazed at the price of that build so far.
How exactly would 2 pumps work? Would it give any better flow rates vs. 1 pump?
Also, how many reservoirs and radiators do you have?
Why did you decide to go to single-loop when you're in a TJ07?
Anyways, your first build looked great and I can't wait to see this finished product.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitsoldier
View Post

Wow. I'm just amazed at the price of that build so far.
How exactly would 2 pumps work? Would it give any better flow rates vs. 1 pump?
Also, how many reservoirs and radiators do you have?
Why did you decide to go to single-loop when you're in a TJ07?
Anyways, your first build looked great and I can't wait to see this finished product.

Most of the stuff in my parts list are parts that I bought 1 by 1 since I started tinkering with the idea of putting my loop in my TJ07.

Having two pumps in series gives you a better pump head and flow rate. Also, it serves as a back up in case one of the pumps break while its running.

I didnt want it to be to crowded inside the case and I have been using a dual loop config for a while now so I though I'd do a single loop for a change. I am also interested in the temps I will get with a single loop.

I will have two rads: MCR 320 and Black Ice SR1 480
I will have only one reservoir: EK res 250.

Thanks.

·
Registered
3,725 Posts
Dang, looks very nice. Can't wait to see what temps you get and how high you'll be able to clock your 920. I imagine you'll have higher temps with single loop though considering all of that extra heat you're bringing in.
By the way, how do you like the MCR-320? There's not much you can really say, but do you personally like it? For my first loop, I was thinking of using that and it's at a good price right now.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Detroitsoldier
View Post

Dang, looks very nice. Can't wait to see what temps you get and how high you'll be able to clock your 920. I imagine you'll have higher temps with single loop though considering all of that extra heat you're bringing in.
By the way, how do you like the MCR-320? There's not much you can really say, but do you personally like it? For my first loop, I was thinking of using that and it's at a good price right now.

I am also interested of the temp I will get...so we'll see once I get the loop together and running.

With my dual loop I got to 4.5ghz with good temps. Hopefully it will be the same if not better.

I personally like the MCR320 for the price/performance ratio. It cools pretty well as far as my experience with it.

I think the MCR 320 is a good choice.

Quote:

Originally Posted by mcpetrolhead
View Post

Subbed.

I think a 480 and a 360 is a bit of overkill for just a cpu and GFX loop, perhaps you could throw in another 5870?

nice paint job on the TJ07 btw

Hehe..I knew from the start that it is overkill, but IMO there is so such thing as overkill when it comes to WC
hehe...Also I have a lot of WC stuff laying around so I might as well use them.

Here are moar pics:

More:
You could see the clearance from the mobo to the rad. It wouldnt have worked for me if I didnt use some rubber grommets.

Here is the MCR320 installed on top using AC Ryan rad grill & some Silverstone fan filters. If you notice, its a little elevated. Its because I had to raise the rad a little using some rubber grommets so that it wont be in the way of the mobo. The looks doesnt bother me. I actually think that its nice.

Here are the grommets I used

I found these pieces of foam from the trash and I though I could use them for my rad so I took it and now its sitting under my 480 SR1 rad. hehe

I didnt feel like spending $30 + shipping for the TJ07 rad stand so I came up with this. It works great for only $0.85 from Home Depot and some black paint.

I didnt plan on putting a shroud but I found that there in enough space under the TJ07 to accomodate a thick rad and some 25mm fans/shrouds

Pics of the Gently Typhoons AP-15 before sleeving. I got them from Koolertek for $12.50 if I remember it right.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update:

I have not done much with my rig this past few days because I've been busy with other things.

I did install my EK NB/SB water block and my EK 5870 fullcover water block.

I ran into some issues when I removed the stock heat sink of the Rampage II Extreme. I thought that it was a two piece part but I was wrong. It was all one whole heat sink and I only have a water block for the NB/SB. So I found this on Koolertek's website

This one worked for me,but the other heatsink that Thermalright's website said I needed for the mosfets right above the CPU was wrong. Yes, the info on their compatibility sheet was wrong. So I had to buy another one of the pictured heatsink above. Although it was 50% off, so I only paid ~$10. Hehe..

I will post some pics soon..

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by WTHbot View Post
I never thought I envy someone for their fans. . .
Thanks. I really love these GT fans. I cant wait to see how they will perform.

Here is an update:

I tried to do as much as I could so here is what I have done so far. I was able to install some tubing and mount my HDD and SSD. The SSD is not visible because it is mounted under my Velociraptor.

Since I didnt want to drill holes late at night, I used some heavy duty mounting tapes to mount my EK Res and some drive bay covers..

Here are the pics:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Update:

I found some time and installed the rest of the tubing. I also did a leak test last night and had a couple of leaks but everything is good now. I just needed to tighten a couple of compression fittings. Here are some pics:

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by JE Nightmare View Post
lookin good man.

Quote:

Originally Posted by newpc View Post
so jealous of the case lol, only if it didnt cost so much, dame australia.

looking sweet man

Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by fastsite
View Post

That build is awesome! I wish I had the money to buy stuff like that and that tubing is sick!

Thanks. I really like it too.

Quote:

Originally Posted by hardly
View Post

That is one sleek looking setup you have man. I totally wish I could do something like this.

Thanks.

Of course you could!

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Update:

I have been really occupied with school lately so I could not post any update. But I finally finished this build a few days ago and Installed Widows 7.

I might install some led lights inside that case in the following days.

Let me know what you think!!

Here are the final pics:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.