Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have put together my first WC loop (CPU only for now) and feel pretty good about it. My only concern is im forgetting something or more importantly corrosion. Heres the list of gear so tell me all your thoughts/opinions/advice. Thanks in advance guys always appreciated

-Swiftech MCP655-Bâ„¢ 12v Water Pump
-EK-MultiOption 4 Port RES 250 Rev. 2 Liquid Cooling Reservoir
-PrimoChill PrimoFlex PRO LRT Tubing 1/2"ID 3/4"OD with 1/8" Wall - White - 7ft
-Black Ice GT Stealth 360 X-Flow Radiator - Black
-Enzotech SCW-REV.A CPU Waterblock
-Feser Aqua Non Conductive Ultra Pure Water - 1000 ml - 3 bottles
-PT Nuke

*Ill be using straight black Bitspower barbs

·
Premium Member
5,037 Posts
That res seems like overkill. I like it.

If they're charging you more than .99 for each liter of distilled water, then skip it. You can buy it at any drugstore.

If you're buying a radiator to hang off the back of a computer, you could do better than the GT Stealth. If you're mounting it internally into a cramped space, it's a good radiator.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Awesome thats what I like to here
Well ive already bought the pump but i wanted confirmation on the other parts before i bought just to be safe. Think i could get my cpu higher than 4.0ghz with this set up?

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The radiator is going internally at the top of my case with a push/pull set up (havnt decided on the fans yet) and thanks for the distilled water tip save me some money lol.....and I just wanted to fill the entire top of the case with a radiator cause i have the room so it may be overkill but aesthetically ill be happy

·
Premium Member
3,104 Posts
Get distilled water from your local supermarket. I'm sure it will be give more water and cost less than that feser fluid. Everything else looks good.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Should i mount the res higher than all the other parts? I was thinking of drilling a hole in the top of my case for the fill port and then using a T-line at the lowest point in my loop for drainage....any problems with that?

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by n8t1308
View Post

Should i mount the res higher than all the other parts? I was thinking of drilling a hole in the top of my case for the fill port and then using a T-line at the lowest point in my loop for drainage....any problems with that?

Nope, that's perfect. The reservoir only needs to be higher than the pump, unless you use a bay reservoir that integrates the pump, then that's pretty much how it's supposed to work.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
I love these kind of threads. I learn so much about "what to get" for my future water cooled setup. I had many of the same parts listed in mind from my research.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts