Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This case is what I'm looking into getting.

Specs are in my sig.

Looking to: OC i7 980x to 4.4-4.5 GHz or so. And to OC the 3x GTX 480s to 900/1800/4400 MHz (core/shader/mem).

Admittedly, I am still a bit of a water cooling noob. So, here are my questions (I apologize if this is a wall of text):

(First, I'd like to preface this by saying at minimum, I know I will for sure be getting 2x Black Ice SR1 480 rads. That case can hold at least a couple more rads, and I certainly don't really mind paying out the money to get more, unless there's no point in getting them.

Also, I'm looking to do a two loop system. One solely for my CPU, and the other for my GTX 480s. Obviously, one 480 rad would be dedicated to each.

And lastly, I'm looking to do 1/2" tubing for everything.)

1. I'm mostly looking to do 2 loops due to the fact I'm gonna be aiming for some pretty hefty OC's on both my 980x and my GTX 480s (and the fact that I'll have three of those).

Would this still be the best option? Or would a single loop work just as well?

1a. Assuming double loop, would one 480 rad be enough for each loop (980x on one loop, 3x GPUs on the other)?

1b. On the flip side, would one loop work just as well, given the OC's, if I just ran the loop through both 480s?

1c. If no to either of those, what other size rads would you recommend? (for each loop, or to add to a single loop)

2. Regarding the fan orientation on the rads: Push, pull, or push/pull? Every time I read about one being better, I read about another being the better choice. Which is the best, or is there no difference?

3. Since I'll be OCing my 980x and video cards to [hopefully] high levels, should I be worried about my NB temp? I've been reading that it can get very hot if the CPU and/or the GPU(s) are overclocked quite high (especially in regards to the GPUs).

3a. If yes, which loop should I include it in? CPU loop, or the GPU loop? I'm leaning towards CPU, since it's just one item, as apposed to having to cool three other things.

3b. If yes, but on single loop, should I maybe include another rad?

Here's what I have so far regarding the WC setup:

Pump: DD12v-D5 (2x?)

If I go dual loop, I'd get two, unless that's too much pump for something that just includes a CPU on one loop?

Radiators: As mentioned above, 2x Black Ice SR1 480.

In either loop case (single or dual), do I need to get a 3rd rad? 4th?

Reservoir: DD-RAD-Reservoir (2x if going dual)

Bays seem a bit cheaper, but I can't pass up the coolness factor on this thing.

Water blocks:

- CPU: EK Supreme HF
- GPU: 3xDD-GTX480 (it was quite painful to see the cost of these, haha)

Please let me know if I missed anything, or if there's any parts of my potential WC part setup that could be changed for the better (better pump, rad, res, block, etc.).

Thanks in advance, guys! I love these forums. Been a lurker for quite a long time 'til now.

P.S Sorry about the long post. Your help is really appreciated.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
EK Supreme HF Full Nickel
MCP 355
XSPC Top for Laing DDC (MCP 355)
Primochill 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing 10 ft
Bitspower compression fittings for 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing - x 6
Bitspower 45 angle compression fittings for 1/2" ID 3/4" OD tubing - x6
EK FC480 GTX Nickel + Plexi - x3
PT-Nuke
SR-1 480mm radiator

I'd suggest the MCP355 pump because it will provide more head pressure which will be necessary for a single loop setup. Adding the XSPC Top for the pump increases performance by 40% while reducing the pump's noise.

Two SR-1 Radiators will easily be able to dissipate the <1150W (with 1.5k RPM fans) of power that you are going to be putting into the loop.

Why I am recommending a single loop? Because it won't affect performance by a significant amount. The only advantage a dual loop has over a single loop is that the water temperature will be slightly less, because the water is absorbing less heat. Even though you are dumping 1150w of heat into the loop the water temperature will only be about 1C higher than if you ran dual loop. Getting more radiators would be a much better use of your money if you're interested in getting extremely low temperatures.

·
Registered
787 Posts
First off your pump is cheaper here

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swmc12vdcpu.html

as are most of your other parts

next, 1 D5 will do it all. You dont need 2 d5 pumps for your loop
I think 1 480 would be plenty I have 1 fesser 480 quad in my system and it does fine if you really want to run 2 rads just get 2 swiftech 320qp (360 rads) and it will do you fine.

Finally You might just get the D5 with tach sensor its hard set to setting 4 instead of variable I run my pump at 5 (wide open) setting 4 most likely be plenty and the tach sensor would give you the ability to set the mother board to set down if the pump fails by setting the motherboard to turn off if fan speed fails in your case the tach sensor stops sending info to the boardboard fan port its plugged into

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/swmc12vdcpu.html

this is with tach sensor

·
Registered
327 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ownageism View Post

1a. Assuming double loop, would one 480 rad be enough for each loop (980x on one loop, 3x GPUs on the other)?

1b. On the flip side, would one loop work just as well, given the OC's, if I just ran the loop through both 480s?

1c. If no to either of those, what other size rads would you recommend? (for each loop, or to add to a single loop)

2. Regarding the fan orientation on the rads: Push, pull, or push/pull? Every time I read about one being better, I read about another being the better choice. Which is the best, or is there no difference?

3. Since I'll be OCing my 980x and video cards to [hopefully] high levels, should I be worried about my NB temp? I've been reading that it can get very hot if the CPU and/or the GPU(s) are overclocked quite high (especially in regards to the GPUs).

3a. If yes, which loop should I include it in? CPU loop, or the GPU loop? I'm leaning towards CPU, since it's just one item, as apposed to having to cool three other things.

3b. If yes, but on single loop, should I maybe include another rad?

1a-1b. Take a good look at this post. This should sum up your decision between dual and single loops:
http://www.overclock.net/water-cooli...tter-than.html
I suggest doing it all in one loop.

1c.Two 480mm rad is more than enough. If you are looking to save cash, 360 would be good too.

2. Push/Pull config is the second best to Push/Pull with shroud. I do Push/Pull config and I'm satisfied with my temps.

3. Some will say yes to cooling your MB, others will say no. I'm voting for yes if you have the cash to spare, and no if you are looking to save.

3a. Back to 1a-1b.

3b. No. 2x 480mm is more than enough.

Pretty much what charliehorse55 recommends. I'd prefer 7/16 tubing but since you may use compression fittings, it may not be an issue.

Also use distilled water for your loop along with PT nuke.

You are also looking at low speed fans if you are going for SR rads. Look for gentle typhoons in that case.

Pretty much you have an awesome build. Don't forget to put pictures once you have them all ready

·
Village Idiot
2,393 Posts
See above post for link to Swiftech dual vs single loop testing. IMO it's entirely worth running two loops, especially with three GPUs.

What fans do you plan on using? Unless you're using super low speed fans (600rpm) I would pass on the SR-1. Even then it's a lot of extra money. The Swiftech MCR and XSPC RX rads are great choices. See here:
http://skinneelabs.com/triplesv2.html?page=4

MCP355 + XSPC top for both loops (or MCP35x).

No need to cool the NB. As long as you have decent case airflow it won't have a thermal meltdown. It will probably run hot, but that's fine. Back in the day, it was beneficial to cool the NB because that's where the memory controller was located. Now the memory controller is on the CPU die, so what's the point? It does look cool though so if you have money to burn, throw it in the CPU loop.

Fans in pull is better than push, unless you're running high speed, high pressure 38mm thick fans. A 480 with fans in pull will be plenty for the CPU. Push/pull might be beneficial for the GPUs (A few degree drop maybe) but it won't gain you any overclock.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks so much for all the replies, guys!

All right, here's an update on what I was thinking of going with. Let me know if this combination won't work for whatever reason, or in the case of the radiators, if I won't hardly notice the temp drop.

CPU block: EK Supreme HF
GPU block: 3x EK FC-480
Radiators: 2x Swiftech MCR420 (both push/pull fan setup), 1x Swiftech MCR320 (push/pull fan setup), 1x Black Ice Micro II (mounted outside; push only)
Reservoir: DD-RAD-Reservoir
Pump: MCP355 w/ XSPC Top

Loop: res -> pump -> 420 #1 -> CPU -> 320 -> Micro II -> GPUs 1-3 -> 420 #2 -> res

Would this be the best setup given what I have? (assuming I still snag 4 radiators)

A few questions regarding the pump, and also the reservoir (as well as a couple on your suggestions, Charlie).

1. Since I have the EK FC-480 GPU blocks, do I need to buy the Tri-SLI bridge? How many links do I need to get with it, 3?

1a. Should I go with serial or parallel for those blocks?

2. Assuming that loop works fine, will that pump be enough to deal with a CPU, 3x GPUs, and 4 radiators? Or I will need a more powerful one?

3. On that note, I don't know how much liquid capacity would be enough for this setup. The DD-RAD-Reservoir holds 217ml (7.34oz): is that enough liquid?

4. @Charliehorse: any reason why for the compression fittings instead of barb fittings? I don't mind, I'm just curious. Although I will say I like the look of barb fittings a lot more, haha.

5. And lastly: I was hoping to go with some UV tubing. Will this work just as well as the PrimoChill tubing you recommended?

Seriously, thanks again for all the recommendations, especially you, charliehorse. I've easily saved a few hundred dollars, while not sacrificing anything. And sorry for all the questions, haha. It's been a tremendous learning experience for me.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Quote:

Thanks so much for all the replies, guys!

All right, here's an update on what I was thinking of going with. Let me know if this combination won't work for whatever reason, or in the case of the radiators, if I won't hardly notice the temp drop.

CPU block: EK Supreme HF
GPU block: 3x EK FC-480
Radiators: 2x Swiftech MCR420 (both push/pull fan setup), 1x Swiftech MCR320 (push/pull fan setup), 1x Black Ice Micro II (mounted outside; push only)
Reservoir: DD-RAD-Reservoir
Pump: MCP355 w/ XSPC Top

Nice parts. You can get a version of the XSPC top for the 355 that has a reservoir built into it. This is a great option to save money and space in your case. XSPC Item Description

Quote:

Loop: res -> pump -> 420 #1 -> CPU -> 320 -> Micro II -> GPUs 1-3 -> 420 #2 -> res

Would this be the best setup given what I have? (assuming I still snag 4 radiators)
Loop order won't affect your temperatures by more than 1C. Just make sure that the reservoir feeds the pump and that you use the least amount of tubing as possible. I'd suggest this:

Res--> Pump --> CPU --> GPUs --> All of the rads --> res

Of course since I can't see your case design I don't know for certain if this would yield the shortest loop. You'll just have to figure this one out.

Quote:

A few questions regarding the pump, and also the reservoir (as well as a couple on your suggestions, Charlie).

1. Since I have the EK FC-480 GPU blocks, do I need to buy the Tri-SLI bridge? How many links do I need to get with it, 3?
How are you linking the cards? I prefer to use SLI fittings but a connecting bridge works as well. If you use sli fittings you will need to buy 2 for serial and 4 for parallel.

Quote:

1a. Should I go with serial or parallel for those blocks?
I'd go parallel. It will give much more even temperatures on the GPU blocks.

Quote:

2. Assuming that loop works fine, will that pump be enough to deal with a CPU, 3x GPUs, and 4 radiators? Or I will need a more powerful one?
Yes, the MCP 355 has 6.1m of head. That is a lot.

Quote:

3. On that note, I don't know how much liquid capacity would be enough for this setup. The DD-RAD-Reservoir holds 217ml (7.34oz): is that enough liquid?
The liquid capacity of a reservoir is only important when filling, and all the size of the reservoir affects is how often you have to jump the psu. With a small reservoir, filling goes like this:

Pump on, wait 3 seconds, pump off, refill reservoir

With a large reservoir:

Pump on, wait 10 seconds, pump off, refill reservoir

Obviously the larger a reservoir is, the fewer you will have to repeat that cycle during filling.

Quote:

4. @Charliehorse: any reason why for the compression fittings instead of barb fittings? I don't mind, I'm just curious. Although I will say I like the look of barb fittings a lot more, haha.

Compression fittings and barbed fittings both have the same chance to leak if they are install correctly. Compression fittings cost more than barbed fittings but give a cleaner, neater look when installed. Considering that you will never have to replace your fittings, I think that it is a worthwhile investment.

Quote:

5. And lastly: I was hoping to go with some UV tubing. Will this work just as well as the PrimoChill tubing you recommended?

Yes, it's just more expensive, by about $1 per foot.

Quote:

Seriously, thanks again for all the recommendations, especially you, charliehorse. I've easily saved a few hundred dollars, while not sacrificing anything. And sorry for all the questions, haha. It's been a tremendous learning experience for me.
Thanks, always glad to help.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
http://dangerden.smugmug.com/gallery...11009250_fjre6

That's the gallery of photos of the case I am getting. Still not set on the colors I want, but that's for sure what I'm getting.

As for linking my video cards.. I was hoping you could tell me, haha. The bridge seems straight forward, but I don't know what I'd need to buy if I was just going for straight SLI fittings. I want to use whichever will yield me the lowest possible temp, unless there's no difference.

Out of curiosity, my case can support one additional 2x80mm on the back (making a total of 5 radiators, without having to mod the case). Hypothetically speaking, if I chose to tack another one on (they're, like, $40 so they cost nothing), would the pump be able to take on another radiator? I'm not sure how much radiators play into the pressure/flow drop or whatever.

Also, I saw you mention in a different WC thread something along the lines of "make sure the res gravity feeds the pump" ... do you mean having the reservoir overhead/on top (be it mounted above, or a ResTop) of the pump?

Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm just trying to be as thorough as possible with this.

As for compression fittings.. they definitely look better. Will I need compression fittings for each radiator, the res, and pump as well (in addition to the 2x CPU and 2x GPU fittings)? I don't mind spending the extra cash on outfitting all the necessary fittings with compression, given how nice they look.

Thanks again, charliehorse (and anyone else who takes the time to toss out some suggestions/advice), for helping me out with this. I hope to have all this stuff in a few weeks.

EDIT: Would there be any benefit in going with a 2-pump, single loop setup with a dual top like this? Didn't know if it would improve the performance/temps or anything.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ownageism
View Post

http://dangerden.smugmug.com/gallery...11009250_fjre6

That's the gallery of photos of the case I am getting. Still not set on the colors I want, but that's for sure what I'm getting.

As for linking my video cards.. I was hoping you could tell me, haha. The bridge seems straight forward, but I don't know what I'd need to buy if I was just going for straight SLI fittings. I want to use whichever will yield me the lowest possible temp, unless there's no difference.

You'll need 8 of these: http://www.performance-pcs.com/catal...ducts_id=22115

Basically you just install them into the GFX cards water blocks, and the two ends of the fitting will touch. Then you just put a small piece of tubing over that to seal it. You don't need clamps, because the tubing has nowhere to go!

Quote:

View Post

Out of curiosity, my case can support one additional 2x80mm on the back (making a total of 5 radiators, without having to mod the case). Hypothetically speaking, if I chose to tack another one on (they're, like, $40 so they cost nothing), would the pump be able to take on another radiator? I'm not sure how much radiators play into the pressure/flow drop or whatever.

80mm rads are useless, because they offer so little surface area and center part of the fan blocks about half of the rad. Your setup will be fine with 2 480s anyways.

Quote:

View Post

Also, I saw you mention in a different WC thread something along the lines of "make sure the res gravity feeds the pump" ... do you mean having the reservoir overhead/on top (be it mounted above, or a ResTop) of the pump?

Sorry if that's a dumb question, I'm just trying to be as thorough as possible with this.

It just means that you should have your pump and reservoir positioned so that when you pour fluid into your reservoir it then flows down into the pump due to gravity. This is done so that you don't run the pump dry while filling your loop.

Quote:

View Post

As for compression fittings.. they definitely look better. Will I need compression fittings for each radiator, the res, and pump as well (in addition to the 2x CPU and 2x GPU fittings)? I don't mind spending the extra cash on outfitting all the necessary fittings with compression, given how nice they look.

You'll need two for every component in your loop. Note that since the SLI setup counts as one component (So you only need two compression fittings for the entire SLI setup)

I would also replace 4 of your compression fittings with 45 angle compression fittings. They come in handy in tight spaces and some blocks don't have room to put two compression fittings directly adjacent to each other.

Quote:

View Post

Thanks again, charliehorse (and anyone else who takes the time to toss out some suggestions/advice), for helping me out with this. I hope to have all this stuff in a few weeks.

EDIT: Would there be any benefit in going with a 2-pump, single loop setup with a dual top like this? Didn't know if it would improve the performance/temps or anything.

Nope. A single MCP355 pump with an after market top will easily provide good flow rates, even through your long loop.

Even if it did, flow rates have only a very small effect on the temperature of your blocks anyways.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
As has been par for the course with this rig so far, I've changed my mind again.

I'm no longer getting that Danger Den Double Wide case. I'm now looking at getting one of MountainMods's U2 cases, specifically the U2-UFO (http://www.mountainmods.com/images/i...ig/U2UFOBO.jpg).

Which means my radiator setup will be changing from the Swiftech radiators to:

Black Ice GTX 360
Black Ice GTX 240
Black Ice GTX 120

All push/pull with high speed Yate Loons. I was going to use all Delta 240 CFM fans, but from what I understand, they can't be used on a fan controller, due to their huge power/amp draw. I've been through the tornado fan phase once without a fan controller, I don't need a repeat.

I'm assuming that's enough radiator to cool my components?

I've also tossed out the idea of getting that DD-RAD-Reservoir due to this case (I personally find that amusing; I first started out getting everything from DangerDen, and now I'm getting nothing). Instead, I'll be getting that XSPC ResTop someone mentioned earlier in the thread.

So in all, I've saved myself, like, $200 while upgrading my looks considerably.

I think I'm gonna stick with the SLI bridge. Seems much easier to work with. So just to make sure:

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/ekbrtrpa.html
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/eklige.html x3

That's all I need for the bridge, right? Or is there any fitting that I need to purchase along with it?

And lastly, again being thorough:

http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/bimablrocofi.html
http://www.sidewindercomputers.com/bimabl3id1od2.html

Those are the compression fittings you were referring to, yes?

Thanks again!

·
Registered
87 Posts
well i know someone who is running 4xgtx480's on a single 360 rad with a mild overclock and fairly good temps if you wanted to cut down on cost abit you could

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Juggalo23451 View Post
No reason to get a 120 rad
If you get a tj07 you can put a 480 rad and a 240 rad at the bottom with no mods.
Why not? A 480 + 240 = effectively 6. That's what mine ends up being. 360 + 240 + 120.

Or does it not work like that? Does a 120 really not have any effect at all on temps? Even if, say, it was only the CPU using the 240 + 120 (hypothetically speaking)?

·
STG3 VET
13,127 Posts
Quote:

Why not? A 480 + 240 = effectively 6. That's what mine ends up being. 360 + 240 + 120.

Or does it not work like that? Does a 120 really not have any effect at all on temps? Even if, say, it was only the CPU using the 240 + 120 (hypothetically speaking)?
just use a 240 rad and you will be fine. Don't under estimate the cooling power of a rad. People like to think you need a 360 that is not entirely true. A 360 can cool a cpu and gpu with no problem. With the rads you are getting and fans you will be fine

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
All right-y, time for a parts update. I'm going to list out every little tiny thing that I'm going to be getting for my setup. I'll have a few questions at the end.

Case: MountainMods Ascension (see attachment; the 140.3 box is checked for the back panel--it should be the Standard panel)

CPU block: EK Supreme HF (Full Nickel)

GPU blocks: 3x EK FC-480 (Nickel + Plexi)

Full board MB block: ?? *

Pump: MCP355 w/ XSPC ResTop

Radiators: 3x Swiftech MCR320; 1x MCR420

Tubing: Still not sure on the color, but it'll be Fes UV tubing for sure, 1/2" ID 3/4" OD

Coolant/additives: Distilled water + PT Nuke

Fittings: 10x Bitspower 1/2" ID 3/4" OD compression; 4x Bitspower 45deg 1/2" 3/4" OD compression

Multi-GPU connector: EK FC-Triple Parallel Bridge, w/ 3 Links*

Fans: 31x Yate Loon High Speed fans*

Fan controller(s): Sunbeam Rheobus Extreme*

That should be all. Now for the questions (in bold):

*1. Regarding MB block.. the more I have read these forums, and even others, people seem to have advised those looking to go for high OC's on their stuff to cool their NB. Since I plan on doing this: would this be a wise investment? Or will the attachable air cooler (and subsequently, combination of all my case fans) to the NB be enough to keep it cool through the high OC's I plan on doing?

1a. Should I need to get it, will I be at the point where I need to go dual loop, due to pressure/flow? Or will it still be fine? (I feel like I ask this question a lot; I guess it's hard for me to grasp just how much power the little guy has)

*2. Regarding the Multi-GPU link: I just need the 3 links for that EK Parallel bridge, right? Or do I need to purchase plugs or something?

2a. On that note: given the slot spacing of the Rampage III Extreme, will that bridge be able to reach all the cards? First slot looks a bit distant compared to the other two.

*3. Yes, I know 31 fans is quite excessive (I actually have the option to add another 24 if I swap out a couple panels
).

Basically: will my components be choking on dust? 20 of those fans are on the three radiators in the front, the rest are gonna be oriented as exhaust. (all radiators in push/pull)

Should I invest in some dust filters? Will this impede air flow/static pressure?

3a. I know I might be opening a can of worms here, but.. what about negative air pressure? Isn't that supposed to keep dust out? Or is it positive pressure that does that? I could always swap out the right side panel with a Triple Quad, and put in a wall of low speed fans. Even at 30 CFM or so, that should still create negative pressure, and if that's what keeps dust out, then victory achieved in my book.

3b. Regarding push/pull on the radiators: will the supplied screws of the Yate Loons allow me to secure the radiator in push/pull? Or will I need longer screws? If so, what size screw will do the job?

*4. I'd rather not buy 3+ fan controllers to contain all these (40dB isn't super loud, but I would like some quiet time). How exactly do I daisy chain the fans together to fit on one fan controller? At just a little over 3W per fan, with my controller having 30W per channel (and 6 channels), it can contain every fan with plenty of channels to spare.

Sorry for another super long post with 20 questions again. I'm nearing the time to purchase all of this stuff, and I want it all sorted out for when D-Day comes.

Thanks again in advance for your time, guys. The waiting virus has very much taken hold of me, haha.
LL

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Here are answers to all of the questions I know the answer to:

NB Cooling used to be beneficial because the memory controller was the NB. Nowadays the memory controller is in the CPU, so water cooling your NB is not necessary.

Dual loop is a waste of money. It won't affect your temperatures by more than 1C. Don't worry about the pump, the MCP 355 w/top is a beast pump that will easily be able to push through that loop.

Fan filters are probably a good investment. They don't cost much and the good ones only impede air flow slightly as long as you clean them regularly.

Positive pressure keeps dust out. Basically, have more fans blowing into the case than blowing out. This will ensure the air pressure in the case is slightly higher than the surrounding air, which means that any small cracks, vents or other holes in your case will have air flowing out of them, and not in. This insures that all air influx/dust gets trapped in your air filters.

The supplied screws should work fine.

You'll want a fan header splitter. I have a 4-way one that turns 4 fans into one header, you can either make them yourself or buy them.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hmm. Good deal then. Thanks again!

Here's something I thought of to keep the amount of tubing I use down..

Radiator orientation. Will it still function at 100% if it was turned upside down (nozzles on the bottom, instead of at the top)? I remember reading that for certain radiators, that's a big no-no, so I didn't know if it applied to the MCR radiators.

... Or maybe it was just radiators that had a reservoir. Can't remember.

Also: where did you find the 4-way splitter? I've found a 3, but not a 4.

·
Premium Member
5,945 Posts
Only radiators with a pump or reservoir are affected by orientation, so feel free to mount that radiator however you want.

Generally it's not a good idea to mount them vertically with the barbs at the bottom, as air can get trapped in the top of the radiator. This shouldn't be a problem if you're mounting it horizontally though, even with the barbs facing downwards.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
All right-y. No real updates this time around, although I do have a couple more questions.

1. I'm interested in calculating the flow of my loop (GPM/LPM, whatever).. I take it I need a flow meter for this? Will it impede the pressure/flow of my loop at all?

2. Is there a general rule of thumb for how much heat a radiator can dissipate, on average? (like, say, 120W per one 1x120mm radiator; so 2x120 = 240W, 3x120 = 360W, etc.)

3. And lastly, I'm mildly interested in picking up a second MCP355 and snagging the XSPC DDC Dual Top. Am I correct in saying it'll increase head pressure and flow by a good bit? I don't at all mind spending the money, even if my one pump can handle it.. I like overkill, and added security, I'm just curious if it'll have a noticeable/huge effect on the flow/head pressure.

Thanks again for all the help!

1 - 20 of 34 Posts