Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 171 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
As far as bad marketing goes, I hope they change their logo for zen.
Is it me or does this logo remind you of under deliverance

·
Registered
830 Posts
Looks at thread title...
Quote:
[WCCF] AMD going directly into 8 and 6 core Zen with 4-core clusters sharing 8MB L3
Looks at post...
Quote:
Originally Posted by lahvie View Post

As far as bad marketing goes, I hope they change their logo for zen.
Is it me or does this logo remind you of under deliverance
LOL!!!!

Man... Go troll somewhere else.

I seriously can't wait for Zen. I'm gonna bypass upgrading my GPU, but i'll most likely be upgrading my CPU sometime this year. I wish someone would drop SOMETHING in relation to Zen and some hard numbers. SOMETHING!! PLZ!!!

·
Registered
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nakano2k1 View Post

Looks at thread title...
Looks at post...
LOL!!!!

Man... Go troll somewhere else.

I seriously can't wait for Zen. I'm gonna bypass upgrading my GPU, but i'll most likely be upgrading my CPU sometime this year. I wish someone would drop SOMETHING in relation to Zen and some hard numbers. SOMETHING!! PLZ!!!
Go back and read any post I've made regarding AMD and my desire for them to win.
I took the time to read the linked article and was glad to read it.
After seeing the underwhelming performance of Amd for the past...
Any way.
Not a troll. It was a genuine statement, based on the fact that everyone knows their marketing has been failing them.
Have a nice day
Edit- the statement was only about marketing and their ability to push this out if it's like we hope. They need every bit of momentum they can get and a fresh badge for a new generation would be one.
Do you not agree?
Not trolling.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Quote:

Go back and read any post I've made regarding AMD and my desire for them to win.
I took the time to read the linked article and was glad to read it.
After seeing the underwhelming performance of Amd for the past...
Any way.
Not a troll. It was a genuine statement, based on the fact that everyone knows their marketing has been failing them.
Have a nice day
Edit- the statement was only about marketing and their ability to push this out if it's like we hope. They need every bit of momentum they can get and a fresh badge for a new generation would be one.
Do you not agree?
Not trolling.
Considering they just hired one of nVIDIA's marketing workers, and released Radeon Pro Duo, dropping the CrossFireX name (prepping for something new, name-wise in the GPU arena). I don't see why they wouldn't do the same with the CPU side of things.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Meh

·
Registered
629 Posts
Will be going to Zen later this year if it's a good upgrade from my i5.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Well AMD is at least not crippled by being on grossly outdated fabrication technology anymore. They were doubly screwed by the big foundries like TSMC being stuck on 28nm for so long. Meanwhile Intel was going full speed with their typical schedule of a die shrink every 2 years. I hope they do succeed in the CPU arena as well. Intel's CPU releases have been a joke in terms of performance; abusing us in the PC market as they plow their profits into miniaturization instead of performance increases. We really haven't seen much of an increase in CPU performance since the i5 2500k.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpykeZ View Post

IMO it's cause there really is no where to go with it except smaller and less power hungry.
I like my cpu like I like my car moar powah, moar cores. Increase those TDP so that better cooling device are created

·
Registered
897 Posts
I plan on using my 4790k and Impact VII for a long time, but in say three to four years, I'd love for my options to not be just Intel. I am excited that my next CPU could be a 8core AMD that performs close to Intel's version. I really hope more and more game developers are able to properly utilize more cores. That would definitely make moving to an AMD chip a great option if it had more cores (that were properly put to work).

·
Registered
135 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diogenes5 View Post

Well AMD is at least not crippled by being on grossly outdated fabrication technology anymore. They were doubly screwed by the big foundries like TSMC being stuck on 28nm for so long. Meanwhile Intel was going full speed with their typical schedule of a die shrink every 2 years. I hope they do succeed in the CPU arena as well. Intel's CPU releases have been a joke in terms of performance; abusing us in the PC market as they plow their profits into miniaturization instead of performance increases. We really haven't seen much of an increase in CPU performance since the i5 2500k.
absolutely. And sadly, I have this overwhelming hunch they have been on top so long, as soon as Amd makes a comeback, Intel is going to bring out some reserved moves to stay there.
i think if zen is good enough it's not going to happen though, especially considering the 6 and 8 core
I only game with music so quad seems to suit me but I think for business and mainstream bringing an affordable
Noticeably worth it new option to the table...
Exciting times!

·
Registered
3,697 Posts
Lets hope AMD can actually give us a full die's worth of CPU cores instead of paying for nearly half a chip of completely redundant parts. That alone should allow them to massively undercut Intel.
I actually prefer a SOC for laptops, but on desktop it's utterly absurd to use so much space for on-die graphics.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,489 Posts
Has there been any word on what the AM4 platform will bring to the table? If they can deliver an 8 core with quad channel memory and all the bells and whistles on the motherboards for less than Intel wants for their HEDT processors then I will bite.

The last AMD processor I had in a personal rig was Slot A, it will be nice to give them a shot again.

·
Premium Member
10,755 Posts
Quote:
IMO it's cause there really is no where to go with it except smaller and less power hungry.
Intel has been pushing smaller cores which achieves both lower power consumption for mobile devices and massive parallel scalability for servers (where they go ololol 28 cores)
Quote:
Lets hope AMD can actually give us a full die's worth of CPU cores instead of paying for nearly half a chip of completely redundant parts. That alone should allow them to massively undercut Intel.
Yeah, that would be really nice. Intel clearly isn't pushing desktop cpu perf or perf/$ and will continue to sit on their asses until somebody is somewhat close to competing with them. I think the newer chips are even more than half iGPU, we're literally getting to the point where you could put an 8c16t chip of the same IPC in the same die area.

·
Registered
1,282 Posts
The AM4 chipset details have already been shown..... in news articles on this site, consumer DIY AM4 is dual channel DDR4.

·
Amiga 600
665 Posts
Quote:

absolutely. And sadly, I have this overwhelming hunch they have been on top so long, as soon as Amd makes a comeback, Intel is going to bring out some reserved moves to stay there.
i think if zen is good enough it's not going to happen though, especially considering the 6 and 8 core
I only game with music so quad seems to suit me but I think for business and mainstream bringing an affordable
Noticeably worth it new option to the table...
Exciting times!
I just dont buy this, intel has had fierce competition from older gen intel and used intel chips not to mention arm in the mobile space and I'm sure if they could drop some new alien like cpu they would have already, they could drop higher end xeons onto the mainstream platform but other than synthetic benchmarks I dont see how they'll improve mainstream software performance with moar coars and lower clockspeed when its single threaded mostly.

1 - 20 of 171 Posts