Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,665 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Asus could have made an XOC version of the 3090 but instead they made a Hello Kitty version with a white shroud and is charging $700 extra for it. The article reports that the Gundam edition will be sold in small quantities in China but I could see this catching on.

·
Senior OCN Member
39,582 Posts
Could have been cool if they made a red Zeon edition that you could actually buy
I might even be willing to pay a lot extra for a 3080 Zeon edition

I really dont like the white Earth Federation edition

·
I Love this Hobby!
7,790 Posts
So Asus is no different than MSI, except they have no shame and are openly scalping their own cards.

• Rep+
Reactions: Sir Beregond

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Gundam Edition is always the original gundam. I figured you would see something like freedom gundam or maybe the exia gundam and there relevant super hero pilots.

Ignoring all those gundam wing/seed/gundam 00 fans.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Could have been cool if they made a red Zeon edition that you could actually buy
I might even be willing to pay a lot extra for a 3080 Zeon edition

I really dont like the white Earth Federation edition
They ignore a lot of the other shows. I want an Gundam 00 graham aker union flag version or CB Wang Liu Mei version shroud cover (season 1 not season 2). You think they would make an pink verion Lucas Clyne one too.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
3,591 Posts
Nah its not scalping.
Videocards stupid
Usd 2500 is fine
Would be awesome to pair that with
Maximus Xii extreme gundam (comes with full monoblock.. guessing glacier been shelved)

thats the price in china

Go check how much asus z490 motherboards cost in china.

price i paid mrsp
strix 3080 oc usd 1132
strix 3090 oc usd 2168
Asus Z490 Maximus us 1039
Strix 2080ti at launch usd 1600
Msi 2080ti trio at launch usd 1600
Strix 2080ti thus year may 2020 price usd 1734

so yeah these are the prices in asia for donkeys years. China worse ya

·
Not New to Overclock.net
3,591 Posts
Go check asus latest monitor. In china its usd 6k..

in US is like only 3-4k

ppl in US has it good.60-70% asus profits comes from asia anyway.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
Nah its not scalping.
Videocards stupid
Usd 2500 is fine
Would be awesome to pair that with
Maximus Xii extreme gundam (comes with full monoblock.. guessing glacier been shelved)

thats the price in china

Go check how much asus z490 motherboards cost in china.

price i paid mrsp
strix 3080 oc usd 1132
strix 3090 oc usd 2168
Asus Z490 Maximus
Strix 2080ti at launch usd 1600
Msi 2080ti trio at launch usd 1600
Strix 2080ti thus year may 2020 price usd 1734

so yeah these are the prices in asia for donkeys years. China worse ya
Damn thats bad. Some items like Ryzen Laptops were cheaper and better specs are available in Asia. Supply lot better there too i heard.

I was considering buying an 3080 strix from Hong Kong but i don’t believe it was worth it since the earliest i could get it back would be Jan-Feb 2021 when my parents go back or Summer 2021 when i go back to visit. Chances are i will get GPU here before then.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
3,591 Posts
Damn thats bad. Some items like Ryzen Laptops were cheaper and better specs are available in Asia. Supply lot better there too i heard.

I was considering buying an 3080 strix from Hong Kong but i don’t believe it was worth it since the earliest i could get it back would be Jan-Feb 2021 when my parents go back or Summer 2021 when i go back to visit. Chances are i will get GPU here before then.
taiwan prices are more to usd mrsp.
hk that street for comp stuff not doing that good

theres alot of product sold in china only that has no global warranty
example intel china boxed cpu

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
taiwan prices are more to usd mrsp.
hk that street for comp stuff not doing that good

theres alot of product sold in china only that has no global warranty
example intel china boxed cpu
Yeah warranty is an concern but not serious issue for me. I can get warranty back there without serious issue. Just matter of shipping to local address/contact (easy) or me going back.

I have never been fan of the malls there. I use the eprice site and call them then go to the stores.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
3,591 Posts
Yeah warranty is an concern but not serious issue for me. I can get warranty back there without serious issue. Just matter of shipping to local address/contact (easy) or me going back.

I have never been fan of the malls there. I use the eprice site and call them then go to the stores.
same here when i am in hk.

taiwan better though. u REALLY wanna go to the shops. msi especially makes stuff thats not sold outside of the country.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts

taiwan better though. u REALLY wanna go to the shops. msi especially makes stuff thats not sold outside of the country.
Its on my travel list. I went to Taipei couple years ago and high school friend (now moved back here) brought me around the computer mall. I will check it out though i am more interested in the local food there. The ones slightly off the beaten path (ask local taxis) to try them out.

I have seen the news and overhead how bad the retail sector is doing. Lot of empty street shops and some of the high end malls are largely vacant now. Highest vacancy in long time among the central business districts too. New York City level crash coming.

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,145 Posts

such as?

·
Premium Member
2,574 Posts
The card is meh since it’s air cooled but the MB looks nice. Liking that colour scheme

·
Registered
2,251 Posts
Looks ugly and tacky with that white coloured scheme along with a stupid price tag that is almost double the RRP of a standard 3090. ASUS loves to overcharge their products.

·
Not New to Overclock.net
3,591 Posts
Looks ugly and tacky with that white coloured scheme along with a stupid price tag that is almost double the RRP of a standard 3090. ASUS loves to overcharge their products.
USD1800 MRSP in US
USD2100 in most of asia for normal strix...
so this from what i know is just USD2200 here coming soon.
lets see can grab one or not...
cause those dude with that antec/cougar casing will be after this and that m12E gundam.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
You realize it’s targeting gundam fans lol for some apparent reason. I don’t really know what Asus is thinking on that. However thats an Asia thing.

·
Registered
1,656 Posts
USD1800 MRSP in US
USD2100 in most of asia for normal strix...
so this from what i know is just USD2200 here coming soon.
lets see can grab one or not...
cause those dude with that antec/cougar casing will be after this and that m12E gundam.
One of two things. One people don’t understand the amount of gundam fans that exist in Asia (western ppl grew up on different cartoons). Different Nostalgia factors used to convince us to buy this stuff.

Also the target audience in Asia, loves these special edition stuff and they collect/speculate on it. Prior to the crisis, there are lot more well off ppl in that area compared to the west that can throw money at this kind of stuff.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts