Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
On the other hand, it's quite surprising to read that even AMD cards merely got a 5-10% performance boost, especially after AMD endorsed HITMAN's implementation as the best one yet. Async Compute, which has been used for SSAA (Screen Space Anti Aliasing), SSAO (Screen Space Ambient Occlusion) and the calculation of light tiles in HITMAN, was also "super hard" to tune; according to IO Interactive, too much Async work can even make it a penalty, and then there's also the fact that PC has lots of different configurations that need tuning.

Read more: http://wccftech.com/async-compute-boosted-hitmans-performance-510-amd-cards-devs-super-hard-tune/#ixzz4422Lojas
Async is very difficult to tune according to IO, knowing how lazy are devs todays i fear we won't be seeing it used that much in future games .
http://wccftech.com/async-compute-boosted-hitmans-performance-510-amd-cards-devs-super-hard-tune/

·
MegaTechPC
19,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by one-shot View Post

I'll take 5-10% performance boost any day. 1% is better than no gain.
Agreed, and I just made the same point in another thread. When you consider all of the "benchmark warriors" who post various bench results to prove their favored brand is best, 10% is the difference between first and last. Try telling me that 10% is unimportant then...

·
Registered
367 Posts
Async boosts performance by 10% ................ meh!
Gameworks gives 30% performance penalty and turns game into stutterfest ..... OMG such grafix
rolleyes.gif

·
Super Moderator
10,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by supergamer View Post

Async boosts performance by 10% ................ meh!
Gameworks gives 30% performance penalty and turns game into stutterfest ..... OMG such grafix
rolleyes.gif
This is a legit post. ANY gain is better than the eye candy that they sprinkle into games that tank the performance. And 10% is a substantial amount. It's nothing to sneeze at for a game with early adoption of DX12. Imagine if the game had been built from the ground up focused on DX12?

·
Banned
6,565 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by corky dorkelson View Post

This is a legit post. ANY gain is better than the eye candy that they sprinkle into games that tank the performance. And 10% is a substantial amount. It's nothing to sneeze at for a game with early adoption of DX12. Imagine if the game had been built from the ground up focused on DX12?
[email protected] would be a reality.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
10 % gain in a dx11 game ported to dx12 is more than ok , imagine in a game built especialy with dx12
smile.gif

·
Not a Fan
2,648 Posts
Unless you are talking about the 8% difference, clock for clock, between TitanX and 980Ti
wink.gif
Then, well, the answer is the 970 only had 3.5GB of ram, of course.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts