Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:
Without further ado, I would like to formally acknowledge the existence of the GP102 core. It is worth pointing out that there have been no confirmed reports or leaks regarding this particular chip. No Zauba entries, no die shots yet. But I have heard enough from sources familiar with these matters to say with a reasonable amount of certainty that the core exists. Not to mention that it makes a lot of sense once you delve into it. This will be the core that will be present in not only the new TITAN card but the GTX 1080 Ti as well. Notice the fact however, that this post is tagged as an editorial, so everything mentioned here is based upon my personal insights as opposed to established facts (and therefore have a non-zero probability of being off the mark).
http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-1080-ti-pascal-gp102/

·
Professional Proletariat
5,671 Posts
And their source is this OCN thread.
lachen.gif

Which in itself is based upon a Chiphell SPECULATION thread.
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif

My god we've reached new lows.
doh.gif

·
Registered
637 Posts
I don't know how "specifications rumor" got in the title when the chiphell thread is, "guess the specs of x."

Should be deleted imo.

·
Registered
3,981 Posts
rolleyes.gif

·
Sunday League Jibber
4,254 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnek View Post

lachen.gif

Which in itself is based upon a Chiphell SPECULATION thread.
lachen.gif
lachen.gif
lachen.gif

My god we've reached new lows.
doh.gif
Channel Six: We make the news!

• Rep+
Reactions: i7monkey

·
Premium Member
7,990 Posts
So that makes this thread a rumor of a rumor of a rumor....

What's the record? How many rumorceptions of a self-propagating rumor can a rumor on OCN make?

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnek View Post

lachen.gif
You might wanna point out where in the source they mention or link that thread. I'm not seeing it, so either my vision's going or you're looking at a different article.

·
AMD Red Team FTW!
1,876 Posts
i thought gaming journalism was bad, pc hardware journalism is just as bad if not worse

i don't know why it bothers me so much, sites like wcc are so thirsty for rumors and clicks they don't even care about their integrity

·
Professional Proletariat
5,671 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chunky_Chimp View Post

You might wanna point out where in the source they mention or link that thread. I'm not seeing it, so either my vision's going or you're looking at a different article.
No they don't give the source you're right (nor would I expect them too if they indeed pulled it from a forum). But look at their 1080 Ti specs and the GTX Titan specs in the OCN thread I linked to. There are some... uncanny resemblances.

·
Phenomenologist
6,326 Posts
Quote:

I don't see it either, but some of the pictures are direct copies of the ones from Chiphell, so I think he is right.

·
Super Moderator
19,298 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by caenlen View Post

I don't see it either, but some of the pictures are direct copies of the ones from Chiphell, so I think he is right.
Possibly. At any rate, there's speculation based on that info in the source here that's not from others, so it's not a carbon copy of any of them, so I'll leave this thread intact. I don't quite like having 50 million threads for the same few cards, but it happens every release cycle and there's no effective rule that could be made against doing it apart from the "one thread per story, not per source" guideline (which is to prevent outright reposts rather than things like this). Let's just try to get through this cycle.

·
Phenomenologist
6,326 Posts
Quote:

Possibly. At any rate, there's speculation based on that info in the source here that's not from others, so it's not a carbon copy of any of them, so I'll leave this thread intact. I don't quite like having 50 million threads for the same few cards, but it happens every release cycle and there's no effective rule that could be made against doing it apart from the "one thread per story, not per source" guideline (which is to prevent outright reposts rather than things like this). Let's just try to get through this cycle.
lol... agreed

I try to avoid all of this hooplah myself, but the dark side of the force is powerful ; ;

·
Registered
393 Posts
Remember everyone, this is WCCFTech...
tongue.gif
I don't think anyone has ever considered them too seriously. Especially this site.

·
Registered
4,300 Posts
This rumor has went full circle....

·
Registered
4,436 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well, that original post and the title were edited completely, and they no longer say what I put there...

·
Registered
2,880 Posts
Quote:
This effectively meant that you were looking at 3840 CUDA Cores on the FP32 side of things and 1920 on the FP64 side. For a total of 5760 cores, the GP100 clocks in at just 610mm².

Read more: http://wccftech.com/nvidia-gtx-1080-ti-pascal-gp102/#ixzz49eS1fwJ0
No it doesn't.

GP102 makes sense because there is a big gap between GP104 and GP100 chips for a 400mm2 odd chip. nvidia could also go for a 600mm2 pure gaming chip that basically doubles the GP104 but I think that's unlikely.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.