Overclock.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 106 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ZOTAC Unveils 26-Phase Powered Monstrosity, Z68 based "Crown Edition-ZT-Z68 U1DU3″ Motherboard

04565988.jpg

Quote:
The board "Crown Edition-ZT-Z68 U1DU3″ is a EATX sized board with length and width dimensions of 330 × 305 mm. The motherboard is equipped with 4 large heatsinks covering the VRM power area, South/Northbridge. The heatsink are labeled with ZOTAC branding and are interconnected with heatpipes to transfer and dissipate heat effectively.

The 26-phase power supply (24 +1 +1) is powered by a eight-pin EPS power connector and a 24 pin connector along with 2 senior pins. The use of DRMOS and High Quality Solid State capacitors (SuperML high-density decoupling capacitors) would make overclocking a delight on this board. Four DDR3 memory slots allow for Dual channel memory support with frequencies upto 2133mhz.

A total of 4 PCI-e x16, 1 PCI-e x1 and a Single Conventional PCI slot is included on the board. The motherboard allows for both Multi GPU SLI/Crossfire setups while a additional Nvidia NF200 chip allows for full x16/x16 bandwidth while using multiple graphics cards.

Source
More pics at Source. This motherboard is a beast.
sniper.gif

·
Registered
2,932 Posts
Just look at all those chokes! 26 phases! The Red start button and black reset button appear to be identical to the ones on my Asus ROG board. I wonder if they use the same OEM.

·
Premium Member
6,005 Posts
It looks a bit messy

·
Premium Member
5,647 Posts
Shoot, I'd use that. I love the Black PCB. Would make doing a build look so clean.

*mumbles under breath* Dang UD3P is so ugly... but so good.

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
I think that may be a bit overkill on the power phases don't you think?

Some of the current Z68 boards have half of that and have no problems hitting the multiplier max on 2500/2600K chips.

·
Registered
456 Posts
If that Zotac symbol glows gold, it would look pretty awesome.

·
✾ ✿ ❀ ❁
8,445 Posts
The shiny thing on top of the CPU socket is....? (on the left if motherboard is position correctly)

·
Mining the DB
2,336 Posts
Quote:
If that Zotac symbol glows gold, it would look pretty awesome.
Well it definately does have some sort of light under it.

I have never thought of ZOTAC as big competitor with high end boards, but that looks insane. Loving the whole black/gold look.

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex132;14199468
The shiny thing on top of the CPU socket is....? (on the left if motherboard is position correctly)
Pretty sure it's a digital capacitor if I recall. I know that some high-end GPUs have them as well.

·
Premium Member
6,144 Posts
Nice boa...

Nforce 200 chip. Never mind.

·
Registered
240 Posts
anyone else noticed the cpu cover saying LGA1166? btw noob question but whats the two golden connections at the top right? I couldn't find what those are.

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by goldman11;14199517
anyone else noticed the cpu cover saying LGA1166? btw noob question but whats the two golden connections at the top right? I couldn't find what those are.
They're for the WiFi Chip, you put the antennas there.

·
Premium Member
4,746 Posts
Really love the color scheme, but other than that, it's pure overkill and will likely cost way too much.

24 phases? For real? That's about 12-16 more than I need for almost perfectly stable voltage regulation on a decent OC.

Probably wouldn't want to rely on ZOTAC for EFI updates either...

·
Registered
64 Posts
At the end of the day those phases do prove useless, reading what the intel engineer said during thg's visit to intels motherboard division!
Btw how can one use all that extra prowess for overclocking when only 2 intel processors with the K at the end allow for it and the other sandy bridges fail miserably in that task?

·
Premium Member
36,139 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltree;14199584
At the end of the day those phases do prove useless, reading what the intel engineer said during thg's visit to intels motherboard division!
Btw how can one use all that extra prowess for overclocking when only 2 intel processors with the K at the end allow for it and the other sandy bridges fail miserably in that task?
Most of that article was marketing for Intel and shouldn't be taken as fact.

On the other hand; the large phase count is most likely useless for your everyday Air or Water overclocker. On the other hand; they are using a high quality circuit. As long as they designed it right (and are not MSI) then it should be amazingly efficient and have very little Vdroop with LLC enabled.

1 - 20 of 106 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.