Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
waifu for lifu
11,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
“The initial plan was to do it before release, but after the recent delay, we decided to wait for the release to provide gamers with the game and then start talking about future projects”, CD Projekt Red CEO Adam Kiciński said back in November. “So, after release.”
first-cyberpunk-2077-dlc-1.jpg

source

·
Why is it smoking?
4,036 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: vinni3pags

·
waifu for lifu
11,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suspect March will be DLC related to gameplay. Just how much? Who knows. There is a ton of cut content. CDPR have stated both Jan & Feb will be focused on bugs/performance. The game is on 6 different platforms? I can't fathom the amount of work ahead (read: slow, but steady patches). Also, interestingly the lack of info on the status of upper management, which makes me think that they are still controlling the levers.

·
Registered
2,032 Posts
Hopefully it’s a high resolution texture pack. The game looks rather dated and will need a redux version sooner rather than later.

• Rep+
Reactions: keikei

·
Banned
536 Posts
If it's anything like TW3 the first expansion won't be as good as the one that follows. Won't be surprised considering how fast they're pumping out content (if this holds true that is).

·
PC Enthusiast
1,055 Posts
If they're outright mentioning it, then it really isn't a teaser, is it?:p

I have faith in them. I am expecting both patches and DLC.
+1

·
waifu for lifu
11,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wait, I thought 2077 was the release date.
If CDPR pulled a episodic release like SE did with FF7:R, they would have avoided the multiple delays imo. From what I hear, the game is already playable for > 40 hrs. Now, the question of the quality of those 40 hrs is debatable.

·
waifu for lifu
11,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Very interesting:

·
Overclocker
3,852 Posts
Why not both?
Because they released a game that was buggy first off. Lied they had console version ready, second. Third, performance could be a whole lot better if they actually implemented DX12U. Which they didn't, it's only DX12.

Soo...there are a lot of issues that need to be addressed 1st before releasing dlc. Perhaps you like to make a sandwich without using bread 1st. But don't assume everyone should.

Highlighted the most important part for effect.

·
Why is it smoking?
4,036 Posts
Because they released a game that was buggy first off. Lied they had console version ready, second. Third, performance could be a whole lot better if they actually implemented DX12U. Which they didn't, it's only DX12.

Soo...there are a lot of issues that need to be addressed 1st before releasing dlc. Perhaps you like to make a sandwich without using bread 1st. But don't assume everyone should.

Yeah this was a bad launch. The game has been handled poorly for at least a year, as evidenced by the repeated delays, cut and/or reduced content, etc.

CDPR still has enough good will from me that I'm willing to let it slide as long as they get it fixed ASAP. If this turns into another NMS situation, I won't be buying any more preorder or launch day titles from them, and I'll consider them another "wait for 2-4 patches and a steam sale" studio.

As far as the DLC - most studios start producing DLC later in the dev cycle but before launch. It's usually at a point in developement where it's too late to make it into the release version but it's mostly ready to go. That's why day 1 DLC is a thing. They aren't really taking away resources from patching/testing because the content is more or less finished. Now if the devs start building another round of DLC, it's different and a really bad idea.

·
Registered
3,232 Posts

This being a PC forum the consoles being botched isn't relevant for us so much. Code needing to be rewritten isn't a surprise with how long the game was being developed it makes sense there's parts that need scrapping and redoing. The DLC is supposed to be free so at least they're not trying to nickel and dime people there. The outrage from gamers is the same old entitlement we've seen for other poor launches. Wait for reviews from sources that aren't paid off or under certain NDAs before buying, or in this case luckily most places were just offering straight refunds.

·
waifu for lifu
11,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
waifu for lifu
11,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Cyberpunk-2077-Statement-2.jpg

·
I <3 narcissists
6,719 Posts
Well I'm enjoying it so far, at least what I have played. I think that I enjoy it more knowing that it sucks on console.

• Rep+
Reactions: Darkpriest667

·
waifu for lifu
11,438 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Well I'm enjoying it so far, at least what I have played. I think that I enjoy it more knowing that it sucks on console.
How far are you into the game?

·
BOINC Cruncher
1,876 Posts
I wouldn't do any complaining about a DLC that's free.

·
PC Evangelist
47,255 Posts
The core of a game is very broken/weak. Bug had so little to do with the issue I have been experiencing with this game.
I hope they do more than just fix bug/crashes.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts