Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 686 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
AMD allegedly posted a teaser for June 4th otherwise known as the announcement day of the computex event this year. They are teasing a product far ahead of it's time. I myself believe that this product is an APU with some special features since that would explain ahead of it's time there is also the suspicion of it being HBM early on.

In the first source you can find the countdown on AMD's alleged site.
Enjoy guys lets hope for amazing things to come at computex!

Source
WCCFtech

 

·
Network Enthusiast
Joined
·
4,793 Posts
If its a 16 core steamroller i might have to buy it.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,473 Posts
Maybe it's finally the A8-7600 ?!!

kidding aside, nice teaser.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,919 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftstealth View Post

If its a 16 core steamroller i might have to buy it.
couldn't quite count but are you referring to the orb? That would be nice , but I don't know what i would do with it
biggrin.gif
 

·
Network Enthusiast
Joined
·
4,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladcrooks View Post

couldn't quite count but are you referring to the orb? That would be nice , but I don't know what i would do with it
biggrin.gif
I dont understand.

If it were 16 cores i could use it for VM's
smile.gif
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
10,262 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftstealth View Post

I dont understand.

If it were 16 cores i could use it for VM's
smile.gif
He meant the picture of the sphere and the number of surfaces it has to be a teaser of core count.
I myself doubt it as it would mean far more than 16 cores.
 

·
News Junkie
Joined
·
8,232 Posts
I think they said you wouldn't see the FX branding for a few years.
 

·
Programmer
Joined
·
28,680 Posts
Clearly this is a new CPU on a high end socket!
 

·
Network Enthusiast
Joined
·
4,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BradleyW View Post

Clearly this is a new CPU on a high end socket!
I hope so, i was looking at a 5820K. I hope this gives me a reason to go AMD.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,280 Posts
I found this in the source code:

$(this).parent().html('
AMD\'s most advanced APU ever.
Welcome to Earth

');

So it looks like they're going to release a new APU under the FX name, interesting. I got the FX part from the picture of the balloon, with the FX logo on it.
 

·
AMD fan
Joined
·
1,637 Posts
if the pics are to be believed then yes, its something to do with cpus. they better have something real to show and not just a paper with what they think it can do. I WANT BACK ON TEAM RED!
 

·
Network Enthusiast
Joined
·
4,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam51037 View Post

I found this in the source code:

Code:

Code:
$(this).parent().html('
[B][SIZE=15]AMD\'s most advanced APU ever.
Welcome to Earth[/SIZE][/B]
');
So it looks like they're going to release a new APU under the FX name, interesting.
Nice find....Sigh. 5820K it is.
 

·
Frog Blast The Vent Core
Joined
·
6,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by cam51037 View Post

I found this in the source code:

Code:

Code:
$(this).parent().html('
[B][SIZE=15]AMD\'s most advanced APU ever.
Welcome to Earth[/SIZE][/B]
');
So it looks like they're going to release a new APU under the FX name, interesting. I got the FX part from the picture of the balloon, with the FX logo on it.
Ha, way to give away the game in the source code.

AMD needs to take lessons from Blizzard on teasing.
 

·
Network Enthusiast
Joined
·
4,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mand12 View Post

Ha, way to give away the game in the source code.

AMD needs to take lessons from Blizzard on teasing.
Right?

This is probably the 4 Core 2 module excavator architecture apu.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,008 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbie2009 View Post

I think they said you wouldn't see the FX branding for a few years.
Yeah, it wont be coming down to earth for a couple years
biggrin.gif
 

·
AMD fan
Joined
·
1,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mand12 View Post

Ha, way to give away the game in the source code.

AMD needs to take lessons from Blizzard on teasing.
what if that was their plan all along, let us find something like this only to go and release something else
 

·
Network Enthusiast
Joined
·
4,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk16 View Post

what if that was their plan all along, let us find something like this only to go and release something else
AMD isn't that slick.
 

·
Frog Blast The Vent Core
Joined
·
6,118 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mk16 View Post

what if that was their plan all along, let us find something like this only to go and release something else
You really think AMD is that slick?

I'd believe it if it were Blizzard, but not many other companies.

Edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiftstealth View Post

AMD isn't that slick.
CURSE YOU NINJA
 
1 - 20 of 686 Posts
Top