Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 113 Posts

·
Indentified! On the Way!!
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alleged performance benchmarks for the AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT "Big Navi" graphics card have been leaked out. The numbers come from an AMD AIB partner who has mentioned to us that the performance metrics are based on an early engineering board and that they can further improve by the time the card launches.
the benchmarks for the AMD Radeon RX 6800 XT "Big Navi GPU" graphics card we were shown include 3DMark Firestrike Ultra (4K), Time Spy Extreme (4K), and Port Royal Default (4K). Graphics performance charts that we happen to take a look at show the Radeon RX 6000 series "Big Navi GPU" graphics card being referred to as "E438". The card was compared to the GeForce RTX 3080 and the GeForce RTX 2080Ti graphics cards from NVIDIA.

Source

So, if correct, rumors about Big Navi roughly matching Turing in RT seems to be about right. If true and the price is correct, this card's a winner. 6900XT should be a monster.

·
Rig Advisor
2,385 Posts
We'll know soon enough. Looks promising if true.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
It says 80 CUs. What would be 6900XT if 6800XT is the full biggest cheap they have?

·
Rig Advisor
2,385 Posts
It says 80 CUs. What would be 6900XT if 6800XT is the full biggest cheap they have?
I remember reading somewhere about 3 SKU's.

·
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If the raytracing part is anywhere near true, it looks like Moore's Law is Dead was "dead on" as it were, as he leaked months ago that Big Navi would roughly match Turing in RT.

·
Premium Member
1,999 Posts
Firestrike is highly cpu dependent and this picture needs to clarify which was used for each gpu benchmarks

·
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #7 (Edited)
Firestrike is highly cpu dependent and this picture needs to clarify which was used for each gpu benchmarks
No doubt about it. I wouldn't run to the bank with this rumor, but I can't imagine it's too far off.

Here's a shot from Igor's Labs. (No CPU info, still digging)

Edit: Reading the comment thread at wccftech is always entertaining. This gif is hilarious. Doubt it'll work here, but see if you can find it. Pretty funny.

·
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the 80cu unit is the 6900XT
Yep. I saw that too. Clearly some confusion going on, hence rumors/unconfirmed. Again, I wouldn't run to the bank with this leak, but one thing I think is becoming fairly clear. Big Navi will be able to compete this go around. I wouldn't go much farther than that, until we have reviews/cards in hand.

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
Yep. I saw that too. Clearly some confusion going on, hence rumors/unconfirmed. Again, I wouldn't run to the bank with this leak, but one thing I think is becoming fairly clear. Big Navi will be able to compete this go around. I wouldn't go much farther than that, until we have reviews/cards in hand.
I'm sure the performance is there, I'm more or less waiting to see a price tag on that performance though.

·
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm sure the performance is there, I'm more or less waiting to see a price tag on that performance though.
Agreed.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
So its around 3080 performance give or take amd and nvidia favored titles.

With 16gb of vram if they price it right its a win. I feel a bit of buyers remorse already over my 3080, however im almost postive In knowing nvidia still will have the better encoder and broadcast features so that makes it worth it alone for me.

Unless amd comes out with a massively improved encoder and software suite well then RIP to me.

·
Premium Member
2,551 Posts
i heard the RX6900 XT will be considerably more than RTX 3080 since it will equal the RTX3090 in most metrics. The rumor is wit will go for $1000. I can only go up to $850 so I will go for an RX6800XT unless the rumor is incorrect. The raytracing is slightly better than the 2080 Ti on this early engineering sample. It may be considerably better on the final product. If these numbers are accurate the 6800XT final product will kick ass on the 3080 and 6900XT will do likewise on the 3090. I will like seeing the sweat ouring down Gensen's face after years of boasting and overpricing his graphics cards. I hope it will be pin the tail on the donkey for Gensen. Goodbye Nvidia, hello AMD.

·
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

With 16gb of vram if they price it right its a win. I feel a bit of buyers remorse already over my 3080, however im almost postive In knowing nvidia still will have the better encoder and broadcast features so that makes it worth it alone for me.

Unless amd comes out with a massively improved encoder and software suite well then RIP to me.
Yeah. No question about it. I don't do much but gaming at home nowadays, so those features I really don't care about, but I did at one point and understand why people would. This is definitely an area AMD really needs to catch up on. I've never had a problem with AMD drivers. They've always worked for me more or less with no trouble. Same with nVidia drivers. But the feature set gap continues to grow between them and AMD really needs to get on it.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,491 Posts
Thats exciting! My scores are 6499 and 8593 with a 3700x and FTW3 Ultra 2080ti, a little higher in fire strike (expected with non fe card) and a little lower in time spy. That seems to show a cpu difference in time spy like someone stated.

It's looking like this thing could turn out to be what I wanted the RVII to be!

·
PC Evangelist
46,967 Posts

How many people use the encoder? Are 50% of people streaming or something? We need stats on this. It way overblown in my opinion.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
How many people use the encoder? Are 50% of people streaming or something? We need stats on this. It way overblown in my opinion.
Nvidia claims 20 million streamers and content creators(we can lump that as local recording youtube makers I guess if you will)

Out of total gpu sales who knows the percentage. But there no doubt the streamer market is still a very lucrative market. Anyone who gets into streaming or currently is on a single PC setup is using NVIDIA no doubt about that. Next to nobody in that section of the market is using an AMD gpu

·
2,928 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I would guess that the vast majority do not use it whatsoever.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,491 Posts
I don't know but the marketing sure makes it seem like EVERYONE who plays a game is streaming. Every hobby is chock full of people pretending to be a professional so I doubt it matters how many people actually use those features, they all want to pretend like they need them.

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
Not everyone does it professional and most professionals are using dual PC setups.

I just do it for fun and have very small amount of subs, its more for the social aspect too me and the fun I have interacting with people.

That said when looking at gpu purchases its still a very important perforamance factor the encoder side.

If I was too guess the actually amount of gpu buyers and pull a number out of my bum that this matters too id say 20% maybe 15%?

Not massive but still a chunk that AMD just leaves for nvidia to have.

Edit:also in a time of social distancing and more people stuck at home game streaming numbers are heavily on the rise and projected for alot more growth

1 - 20 of 113 Posts