waifu for lifu
11,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not too surprising. Soon = 6 months. :)

·
PC Evangelist
46,947 Posts
What a disgusting exclusive deal.
It is not. AMD probably needs more work to get it working. Nvidia most likely spent a lot of time to get their RTX working because they had a deal with CDPR.

• Rep+
Reactions: keikei

·
ٴٴٴ╲⎝⧹˙͜>˙⧸⎠╱
6,316 Posts
initial rtx is made on nvidia hardware and possibly software since amd doesn't have a gpu capable of RT when they did the bulk work most likely

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
so hard to decide gpu to get

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
after seeing md rtx numbers, if i were Nvidia i'd make sure all the DXR titles are running on AMD right at launch.

·
PC Evangelist
46,947 Posts
after seeing md rtx numbers, if i were Nvidia i'd make sure all the DXR titles are running on AMD right at launch.
lol. Same as Gameworks. DXR games that are AMD sponsored will run fine.

·
Registered
920 Posts
so hard to decide gpu to get
Simply based on the amount of features and value you are provided with (alongside the performance) I would probably say Nvidia at this time. That is, if you are able to get your hands on it with the ongoing supply problems.

Honestly I just don't think it's a great time to buy a GPU at all. AMD has its new features unreleased or in infancy, and Nvidia is probably preparing a refresh of the 3x series already to combat the AMD lineup. By the time it's possible to buy an Nvidia 3x series the Super/Ti's will probably be due for announcement.

·
PC Evangelist
46,947 Posts
Simply based on the amount of features and value you are provided with (alongside the performance) I would probably say Nvidia at this time. That is, if you are able to get your hands on it with the ongoing supply problems.

Honestly I just don't think it's a great time to buy a GPU at all. AMD has its new features unreleased or in infancy, and Nvidia is probably preparing a refresh of the 3x series already to combat the AMD lineup. By the time it's possible to buy an Nvidia 3x series the Super/Ti's will probably be due for announcement.
Nah. If Nvidia will do a refresh it will be after they launch 3060/3050 class GPU. The refresh will come at least 6 months after. Every time Nvidia has refreshed GPU to combat AMD (780ti,1070ti,2070s) have been after the initial versions had been in the market for some time.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
lol. Same as Gameworks. DXR games that are AMD sponsored will run fine.
3D Mark DXR and port royale benchmarks suggests that there is a rather large separation between the two. The lack of DLSS cripples AMD further.

·
waifu for lifu
11,318 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I noticed Nvidia left out framerates in regards to the RT recommendations, so for 4K with RT on, i'm gonna assume 30fps with the 3080. Even that sounds optimistic.

• Rep+
Reactions: Hueristic

·
Overclocking Enthusiast
6,028 Posts
Just delay it again...

·
Registered
3,379 Posts
To be fair, AMD having ray tracing even working is good... considering the sorry state of AMD's software team.

System Requirement sheets have been advertisements for a long time now... the same way oil companies pay car manufacturers to put their oil logo on the oil refill cap. It's been a long time since a dev released them with what is actually true.

·
Registered
1,835 Posts
Just delay it again...
I like that idea lol. I think my rebuild can be delayed till June 2021 at this point. Its either early 2021 or wait. My schedule works in early 2021 works out that i’m busy till May/June.

·
WaterCooler
3,816 Posts
To be fair to CDPR, Nvidia RTX has been out for 2 years. AMD just released their new cards and first stab at RT last week. I'd expect they are going to need more time to work with it.

I was hoping RDNA2 would be a little more out if the box working though. Does this mean no RT for console versions of game at launch too?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
PC Evangelist
46,947 Posts
3D Mark DXR and port royale benchmarks suggests that there is a rather large separation between the two. The lack of DLSS cripples AMD further.
Not really. 6800 XT based on Port Royale is between 3070 and 3080. Yes DLSS is need for RT beyond 1440p. Problem is that no matter what AMD does, CP2077 will not have AMDs version of SS. This is true the other way around.

·
Vandelay Industries
2,116 Posts
There's no point in delaying it for RT as the vast majority of players won't being using RT anyways. Players with RT capable hardware are a minority to say the least.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts