Overclock.net banner

81 - 86 of 86 Posts

·
I <3 narcissists
6,707 Posts
It will use the new one for sure. I bet my 2080ti will be able to use ray tracing if the DLSS will let me render at 480p.

·
Overclocker
11,682 Posts
It will use the new one for sure. I bet my 2080ti will be able to use ray tracing if the DLSS will let me render at 480p.
Yeah the 9x DLSS they added with Ampere launch so they can boast that their GPUs can render at 8k when in fact it's rendering 9x less pixels, the source is 1440p. When rendering with this massive ratio to 1440p then the source resolution is about from the era of early 90s macro pixel games, the source is 480p. So you're spot on if you have a 1440p monitor and use the largest DLSS scaling then the source resolution is indeed 480p. No joke as much as it may seem like one to some.

Think I've tried it in Control and yes it looked absolutely horrible.

·
WaterCooler
3,896 Posts
Yeah the 9x DLSS they added with Ampere launch so they can boast that their GPUs can render at 8k when in fact it's rendering 9x less pixels, the source is 1440p. When rendering with this massive ratio to 1440p then the source resolution is about from the era of early 90s macro pixel games, the source is 480p. So you're spot on if you have a 1440p monitor and use the largest DLSS scaling then the source resolution is indeed 480p. No joke as much as it may seem like one to some.

Think I've tried it in Control and yes it looked absolutely horrible.
Yikes. Sounds like a bad idea for 1440p gaming.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,707 Posts
Well if you want to ray trace you will need to get used to upscaling.

720p, the way it's meant to be rendered.

·
Registered
1,829 Posts
I find RT to be so hit and miss! Especially given the performance drop. Visually its not like its game changing, especially in faster paced games.

Ill happily turn RTX off in Cyberpunk so I can max it out at 4k.

·
I <3 narcissists
6,707 Posts
I don't think it's purpose is to make things look a lot better, it doesn't achieve an end result that is unachievable without ray tracing. It's supposed to be easier to for the devs to achieve the desired result.

81 - 86 of 86 Posts