Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
389 Posts
Taking this with a ton of salt, due to the "source" of Wccftech and their "sources" honestly. It feels like an attempt at getting traffic. These aren't exactly difficult, speculative values to come up with to hype up an upcoming launch. If more concrete information besides what could be utter speculation was provided and perhaps via a source that had provided accurate information in the past, that'd be a different story... either way, the rumour of September announcement is so close that I feel it's worth waiting and discarding this sort of rumour personally.

·
Premium Member
10,857 Posts
Taking this with a ton of salt, due to the "source" of Wccftech and their "sources" honestly. It feels like an attempt at getting traffic. These aren't exactly difficult, speculative values to come up with to hype up an upcoming launch. If more concrete information besides what could be utter speculation was provided and perhaps via a source that had provided accurate information in the past, that'd be a different story... either way, the rumour of September announcement is so close that I feel it's worth waiting and discarding this sort of rumour personally.
Grain of salt*

·
sudo apt install sl
7,323 Posts
24GB of memory on a GeForce card? What kind of joke is this?

·
Robotic Chemist
2,927 Posts
This actually sounds plausible to me. We also have rumors of AMD releasing a GPU with 16GB of memory. Nvidia does not want to have less, even if it is fairly pointless with current games.

·
Registered
808 Posts
That much memory is going to be very expensive, but we are certainly due for another large leap in memory quantity. To keep the Pascal/Turing memory scale for a 3rd generation is not a good look.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
So the 2080 Ti replacement is the eponymous 3090 w/ 24GB VRAM? So a "GeForce" card that's $2500? lol

This is... interesting.

September 9th is the official announcement date iirc so we'll just have to wait a month to find out. :rolleyes:

·
What should be here ?
5,571 Posts
This actually sounds plausible to me. We also have rumors of AMD releasing a GPU with 16GB of memory. Nvidia does not want to have less, even if it is fairly pointless with current games.
Nvidia almost always has had less memory offered compared to AMD between the same performant cards.

·
Registered
1,451 Posts
seems kind of fake. I guess the good thing is they are coming out soon. I already sold my 2080TI so i am just waiting to buy the 3080TI

·
PC Enthusiast
1,075 Posts
I'm waiting to see if the rumors about us not really getting 7nm nvidia cards for the launch are true.. don't want them if they're using samsungs 8nm instead and I'll wait for a 7nm refresh later.

·
Registered
389 Posts

·
Overclocker
3,634 Posts
Lol
So if they posted 64gb vram that too would be plausible to you. Because RDNA 2 has 16gb.
:rolleyes:

It's a clickbait article. They are known for making articles like this for traffic. It's amazing that people know that this website is known for doing this but yet they still fall for it.

·
mfw
8,638 Posts
A grain of salt wasn't exactly enough for me. Thus the ton.
He means that the expression does not work that way. The more salt you take it with, the more credible you think it is.

·
Registered
389 Posts
He means that the expression does not work that way. The more salt you take it with, the more credible you think it is.
I am aware it's an incorrect use of the idiom but I figured my point would have gotten across due to the context of my post. Just personally, to try and make it smaller and say for example, a granule of salt the size of a few microns, I don't feel the same impact. Like I said, I can't deny it's an incorrect use though.

·
Premium Member
1,380 Posts
3070 is going to have 16 and 8gbs of ram,,????

·
waifu for lifu
11,114 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,857 Posts
A grain of salt wasn't exactly enough for me. Thus the ton.
That's just one of things that agitates me. Even if the person knows they are using the term incorrectly. :eek:

·
OCN Enthusiast
1,173 Posts
That much memory is going to be very expensive, but we are certainly due for another large leap in memory quantity. To keep the Pascal/Turing memory scale for a 3rd generation is not a good look.
Eh, memory is easy though. We've got two terabytes on thumb-sized post-it notes now. All they need to do is move around some parts and slap some chips and a headspreader on the board and good to go. We don't need to artificially inflate ram counts for the consumer/prosumer market when we're barely using 8 gigs of vram right now.

When we get to photorealistic texturing then they can ramp it up. But the vast majority of the gaming market aren't playing with a keyboard and mouse, so we're gonna be stuck with 2048x (if even) for a while longer.

·
WaterCooler
3,480 Posts
Is that chart trying to say there will be 10GB and 20GB versions of the 3080 and 8GB and 16GB versions of the 3070?

·
professional curmudgeon
10,391 Posts
Is that chart trying to say there will be 10GB and 20GB versions of the 3080 and 8GB and 16GB versions of the 3070?
the one i know of is on WCCF
Capture.PNG

E;
oh yeah, its in the OP :D

1 - 20 of 42 Posts