Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 176 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://wccftech.com/uncharted-4-visual-enhancements-nathan-drake-character-model-show-power-ps4/

Quote:
Sony recently kick started its first-ever PlayStation Experience event with Naughty Dog's upcoming highly anticipated action-adventure third-person shooter title known as Uncharted 4: A Thief's End, and now the game is getting a special treatment at the event. Naughty Dog demonstrated different technical aspects of the game via a video panel at the event, showing how the latest visual enhancements make the upcoming title look absolutely beautiful compared to the previous games in the series and how Nathan Drake has evolved over time - both age wise and graphically - to look increasingly photorealistic.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,114 Posts
Fist image they show for comparison didn't look that impressive, but then I saw these and was more impressed:





 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,758 Posts
This does look amazing and I dont mean to be a pcmasterace circlejerker but no way in any reality will it look like that in the final product actualy running on the ps4 in game.

It's always a cycle

It will look amazing running off a pc in concept at e3 etc
peoples reaction : Games graphics are incredible, this is going to be epic game of the year!

They show some updated video footage about 6 months before release and it has clearly been downgraded
peoples reaction: eh it's still decent,

Then it comes out and it looks even worse
peoples reaction: graphics dont matter at all pc gamers, dont be so shallow!

This does not just go for consoles obviously either, see far cry 3 / total war rome 2 and probably lots more.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,312 Posts
Sony exclusives making worth buying a Playstation once again.

Must. Buy. Playstation.

 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
18,218 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviousAddict View Post

I reckon that'll be cutscene graphics (which are basically pre-rendered videos) rather than in game textures.
its made by same people as last of us so probly wont have many real cut scenes most of them were gameplay that kinda went on auto it seemed to me.

 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,191 Posts
For those already jumping to "those are cutscene graphics, it won't look that way running in-game on PS4" conclusion:

They stated during this conference that there is no drop in detail from cutscene to gameplay on the characters, etc.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugalumps View Post

This does look amazing and I dont mean to be a pcmasterace circlejerker but no way in any reality will it look like that in the final product actualy running on the ps4 in game.

It's always a cycle

It will look amazing running off a pc in concept at e3 etc
peoples reaction : Games graphics are incredible, this is going to be epic game of the year!

They show some updated video footage about 6 months before release and it has clearly been downgraded
peoples reaction: eh it's still decent,

Then it comes out and it looks even worse
peoples reaction: graphics dont matter at all pc gamers, dont be so shallow!

This does not just go for consoles obviously either, see far cry 3 / total war rome 2 and probably lots more.
LOL, you must be one of those people who thinks that console games are "developed on PC" as if the games run on PC hardware and then ported to consoles. That's not how it works. The assets are developed on PC (textures, sound, models, code, etc.) then everything is compiled on the PC and executed on the console hardware that is interfaced with the PC for debugging. This means that the game actually runs on the console hardware, not the dev PC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,267 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sugalumps View Post

This does look amazing and I dont mean to be a pcmasterace circlejerker but no way in any reality will it look like that in the final product actualy running on the ps4 in game.

It's always a cycle

It will look amazing running off a pc in concept at e3 etc
peoples reaction : Games graphics are incredible, this is going to be epic game of the year!

They show some updated video footage about 6 months before release and it has clearly been downgraded
peoples reaction: eh it's still decent,

Then it comes out and it looks even worse
peoples reaction: graphics dont matter at all pc gamers, dont be so shallow!

This does not just go for consoles obviously either, see far cry 3 / total war rome 2 and probably lots more.
Gaming is just one big bait and switch Market...
My thoughts are they are DEEPLY in bed with Nvidia/AMD.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempest2000 View Post

For those already jumping to "those are cutscene graphics, it won't look that way running in-game on PS4" conclusion:

They stated during this conference that there is no drop in detail from cutscene to gameplay on the characters, etc.
If that turns out to be completely true then i may purchase a ps4 and stick it next to my X1. Was going to get one for last of us but didn't want to get a console for just one game. If this comes out looking as good as those pictures above then it bodes well for other ps4 exclusives
biggrin.gif
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviousAddict View Post

If that turns out to be completely true then i may purchase a ps4 and stick it next to my X1. Was going to get one for last of us but didn't want to get a console for just one game. If this comes out looking as good as those pictures above then it bodes well for other ps4 exclusives
biggrin.gif
If that would wow you, then it sounds like the PS4 exclusive, "Driveclub" is a must buy for you. It's pretty much the graphics king at the moment. Here's a vid I posted on the driveclub thread:
Note: the even though the video is 720p, the game runs at native 1080p. Also, this is just a video I found. It's not mine.
 

·
OC Enthusiast
Joined
·
1,054 Posts
prepare for downgrade
smilingsmiley.gif

Quote:
Tempest2000
it does look badass but those repetitive effects and massive blur are there to hide the ugly parts XD
anyways that game is just graphics and too slow for me (30fps for shooters or racing=failure), we need quality games not techdemos
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,191 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmcosta View Post

prepare for downgrade
smilingsmiley.gif

it does look badass but those repetitive effects and massive blur are there to hide the ugly parts XD
anyways that game is just graphics and too slow for me (30fps for shooters or racing=failure), we need quality games not techdemos
For the most part I agree, which is why I decided not to get Driveclub initially, but then the weather patch was released and the game dropped to $35 on Amazon so I got. I've been playing it A LOT since I started over the weekend. It's a better game than I expected, actually. Quite addicting.

Anyway, didn't want to derail the thread.
 

·
 
Joined
·
1,116 Posts
Looks good but if they manage to put it into the final game, that will be impressive.
 

·
Dream with your eyes open
Joined
·
3,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeviousAddict View Post

I reckon that'll be cutscene graphics (which are basically pre-rendered videos) rather than in game textures.
There are no videos running for the cutscenes in this game, you can clearly see that in the demo.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,878 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by assaulth3ro911 View Post

There are no videos running for the cutscenes in this game, you can clearly see that in the demo.
Can't click the link at work so i was just going of past experience with games and the pictures shown in the 1st post. I shall be looking at the link when i get home though.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
782 Posts
You'll be lying if you don't agree that console developers are the ones setting the standard and raising the bar with ingame graphics. Meanwhile, PC devs continue to shove us with mmos and LoL clones...
 
1 - 20 of 176 Posts
Top