Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://wccftech.com/s6-edge-and-galaxy-s6-launch-at-ces-2015/
Quote:
Considering the dropping profits that dear Sammy has been witnessing this year, the upcoming offering of the flagship Galaxy S is expected to arrive a tad earlier. Samsung Galaxy S6, which is expected to flaunt some new design and metal added here and there, might see a launch as early as CES 2015 next month!

·
Registered
2,717 Posts

·
Registered
561 Posts
I'm not buying anything with that in the info
Quote:
HD Selfie front camera
Even thought I highly doubt Samsung put that kind of stuff in their official specs.

The design look good, at least for me. But I'll stick with LG

·
Premium Member
17,348 Posts
hope it comes out at ces, upgrading my phone on the 12th soooo it would be great if it was out by then.

·
Meep
5,592 Posts
How reliable is this source? Just seems like a "bunch of likely specs" leak.

And a 5.5" displays seems unlikely to me, that's right up in Note territory.

·
AMD Overclocker
6,336 Posts
Na S6 won't look like that. S6 will carry over design ideas launched in the Galaxy Alpha and Note 4

·
Premium Member
8,616 Posts
This thing will need to be out of this world to compete with the iPhone 6/6 Plus. The only advantage android phones have left is battery life now; they really need to innovate or they will die.

·
Registered
306 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NrGx View Post

This thing will need to be out of this world to compete with the iPhone 6/6 Plus. The only advantage android phones have left is battery life now; they really need to innovate or they will die.
I own Galaxy S5 (as a spare) and it's already VERY competitive in many aspects - it's pretty fast (though stupid Touchwiz can still produce occasional "lag" here and there... it can be completely disabled, though), has excellent display quality, waterproof (already tested it... works as it should
wink.gif
), has wireless charging (which is extremely convenient), excellent battery life, removable microSD card, etc.,etc. The ONLY thing Galaxy S6 needs to attract brain-dead sheeple is a "sexy aluminum foil body", which would look just as shiny and (most importantly!) would bend as irreversibly as on iSheeple 6 devices
biggrin.gif

·
Registered
468 Posts
I admit that both iPhones and Galaxies are great phones. I hate their fanboys though. Makes me hate both phones. I get one and am hated by one group and the other tries to recruit me into their ranks.

·
Banned
782 Posts
I can see 99.9% of apps not supporting that many cores. Probably uses up to 4 of its turtlespeed cores, which will be counterproductive when they could have made 4 stronger cores... And those supporting 4 cores will be the minority as well considering majority of Android apps are iOS ports that utilizes 2 cores max. Last time I checked, a8 smacks the best android quadcore silly. Yikes.

·
Registered
561 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NrGx View Post

*look at the signature*
Yeah, I'll move along.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfGeneral View Post

I admit that both iPhones and Galaxies are great phones. I hate their fanboys though. Makes me hate both phones. I get one and am hated by one group and the other tries to recruit me into their ranks.
Gladly if you buy another android based brand, you don't see all these fanboys.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tSgt View Post

*look at the signature*
Yeah, I'll move along.
Gladly if you buy another android based brand, you don't see all these fanboys.
Other android phones don't get updates in a timely manner if at all with the specs I want. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for OnePlus Two having an SD card slot.

1 - 20 of 49 Posts