Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So we recently received some of these at microcenter and I was wondering if there are some reviews out yet-yea I googled and got "inaccurate finds." Just wondering since I was about to buy some samsung f3's.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Well first off does your motherboard support SATA III? I haven't seen a 1TB SATA III drive, but if it costs more than a SATA II it is likely a waste of money. SATA III is meant for SSDs. HDDs dont even cap out SATA II speeds, so unless the platers are denser, offers higher cache, or spins faster than the SATA II 1TB Black, performance gains will be negligible. I wouldn't bother with any of the SATA III HDDs. SATA III is backwards compatible so even when boards move to all SATA III, your SATA II drives will still work.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
you could build a test system, and benchmark them and write a review your self, or wait for one to come out

·
Registered
233 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arkuatic
View Post

It's like 90$+ tax with employee discount for me on this drive.

What is the price difference from the SATA II drive? If the price is minimal then I suppose it would be fine, but more than $10 and its more than likely a waste. You didn't answer about whether you had a SATA III motherboard though.

·
Registered
2,370 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthaios
View Post

What is the price difference from the SATA II drive? If the price is minimal then I suppose it would be fine, but more than $10 and its more than likely a waste. You didn't answer about whether you had a SATA III motherboard though.

I'm not that stupid to buy a sata 3 drive and not have a sata 3 mobo. This is for a upcoming build I'm working on.

·
Registered
1,824 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rains
View Post

Here is my WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA II for sake of reference.

And a single F3.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts