Overclock.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, I am buying a new computer and with it I bought the Raptor 10,000RPM Drive. I was told that I may (well do) need drivers for the HD when you install windows. How do I go about getting this disk and is it prety much gaurenteed that I will have to use it? If so, then I need to go get a 3 1/2 floppy and a drive from comp USA, then get that stuff on the drive
(I am really hoping I can go about it another way haha)

Thanks much all!

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
as far as i know i dont remember u needing a driver for the hd...unless u want to do a RAID or something..plug it in and it should work well....so dont worry too much...

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cyrixMII300

as far as i know i dont remember u needing a driver for the hd...unless u want to do a RAID or something..plug it in and it should work well....so dont worry too much...

Correct, you only need a 3 1/2" floppy disk to settuip a raid.
The individual hdd should be basically plug and play.

·
Premium Member
20,338 Posts
Yup only driver needed would be a raid controller driver on a floppy disc and that would be from your motherboard manufacturer, not the hard drive maker and thats only if you go raid.

·
Registered
1,968 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet, no raid so ime all right. WOOT going on 5 years w/o 3 1/2 floppy!

·
Registered
459 Posts
yep only need it for Raid.

i'm debating whether to get rid of my floppy drive, since i only bought it to flash my Mobo. found out when i slapped it together that the mobo came with the latest bios lol. USB drives are so much more convenient.

i might remove the front panel also so i can clear up a bunch of cables.

·
Premium Member
20,338 Posts
you can flash bios with a burned cd as well. done it many times.

·
Premium Member
4,976 Posts
Actually, it isn't only for RAID drivers, I mean they are RAID drivers that are being installed, but they aren't always used for raid.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts