Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there...I have been messing around all day with this PC Power and cooling 550 watt sli...well, i am running my mobo, chip, one ide and two HD;s, two 7900 GTX,s two 120mm fans, and one monster vigor monsoon cooler...here is my question....if I plug in an extra 120 mm fan, I notice in bios that my cpu cooler fan speed goes all over the place, from like 5000 down to like 600...as soon as I unplug the extra fan, it levels out...does this mean that this power supply is at its max? I had the same model of supply (different one) running an fx-60 w/ stock cooling and seven 120 mm fans...

·
Premium Member
19,078 Posts
I would say you are getting close to the max with you PSU. Are you sure it's 550, or is the 510 watt model?<br><br>
If you have <a href="http://www.pcpower.com/products/viewproduct.php?show=T51SLI" target="_blank">this</a> PSU, I'd say you are putting too much on it. A X6800 and twin 7900GTXs are a lot for a single 34A rail.

·
Registered
742 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
it was the power supply...I replaced it with its exact brother...no more drama....it is the 510...getting ready to put back in the 1000.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts