Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,096 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a domain on Godaddy and I need me some help.

I forwarded the port 3389 for RTP on my server. So that if I connect to my domain www.domain.com from a remote computer I have access.

I want to know if it is possible for me to block access to port 3389 on the main domain www.domain.com but give the subdomain www.remote.domain.com exclusive access to 3389.

So that way if anyone tries to connect to www.domain.com it won't work, but www.remote.domain.com works.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiwiasian;15354599
I just bought a domain on Godaddy and I need me some help.

I forwarded the port 3389 for RTP on my server. So that if I connect to my domain www.domain.com from a remote computer I have access.

I want to know if it is possible for me to block access to port 3389 on the main domain www.domain.com but give the subdomain www.remote.domain.com exclusive access to 3389.

So that way if anyone tries to connect to www.domain.com it won't work, but www.remote.domain.com works.

Thanks
It doesn't work like that, unfortunately.

If you bind your IP address 0.0.0.0 to www.domain.com, ALL requests for www.domain.com will be forwarded to 0.0.0.0. Which ports are accepted or refused is set up in your router, on your end....not the domain record's end.

What you could do is point www.domain.com to a different IP address and point www.sub.domain.com to the IP address of your RTP server. Then keep forwarding all requests on the RTP port to your server box.

Alternatively, you could move your RTP server to a different IP and bind that to www.sub.domain.com.

Both options would require you to have a dedicated box for each service - HTTP/etc server, and RTP server would need to be located at different IPs.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
I'd go with what railfan said.

www.domain.com is obviously an example.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts