Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have bought a 2600 barton and an ABIT NF7 V 2.0 MOBO WITH 512 CORSAIR PC 3200, I WOULD LIKE TO OVERCLOCK THESE ITEMS BUT I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE, CAN ANYBODY HELP , CHEERS

·
Premium Member
1,299 Posts
read the overclocking guide first, then raise the vdd to 1.7, the vdimm to 2.8, vcore to 1.7 and raise the fsb is 2 mhz increments. when the comp is too unstable for you to get into bios, reset the cmos via jumper or battery (in the manual)

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Get Motherboard Monitor 5 (google) so you can monitor your temperatures while you're overclocking.

Sandra Benchmarking Software 9(google): Monitor your performance increase.

·
Registered
245 Posts
weesack, did you get the anwers you needed? If not keep the thread going and someone will help you out.

·
Registered
36 Posts
See my specs, Nothing fancy. but same basic deal as what you have. My Vcore is 1.67, stable. However, yours may require more. Memory timings are of major importance with Nforce boards. Just take baby steps and download prime95 for stability tests.

·
Premium Member
2,912 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by weesack

i have bought a 2600 barton and an ABIT NF7 V 2.0 MOBO WITH 512 CORSAIR PC 3200, I WOULD LIKE TO OVERCLOCK THESE ITEMS BUT I HAVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE, CAN ANYBODY HELP , CHEERS

I had a Mobile 2600 & NF7-S rev2 and it was running @ 2.6Ghz but it created a lot of heat.
So my question is what cooling do you have on the CPU?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts