Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi! I'm new here.
I recently started OCing and it's all kind of going OK except for what I did yesterday. I started OCing the CPU. I pushed it up to 240FSB (from 200) and it seemed to be running OKish except that for when I run any graphical apps (3DMark05, games) it gives these weird random polygons all over the place. It ran Prime95 OK for about 1h15m (OK, not particularly amazing) so I'm not sure if the CPU is producing errors or what.

I have my GPU overclocked lightly as well and all ran fine with that when teh CPU was stock. I tried downclocking the CPU to a 225FSB and the polygons start going away. I also tried running the GPU stock again and that made no difference.

I'm kind of thinking I need better cooling?? The CPU cooler is probably up to the task if I stick a tornado or something on it but teh GPU is completely stock.

Can anyone help?? Sorry for the huge post BTW!

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Maybe you case is getting too hot and causes the videocard to go up in temps so you artifact???

If your PSU isnt of good quality/high output then the overclocked cpu underload might be starving the video card.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
My load temps are about 50C. The case gets to about 35C. The vcore is set at 1.525V and the vdimm is set at 2.80V.
I have an Akasa 460W PSU. I'm not sure if it's powerful enough or not though.
I've just ordered some new cooling bits for the GPU so I'll see if that helps.
Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts

·
Banned
2,316 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Crash

Thanks for the save guys

NP. I've run my pressy at 1.65v before and never hurt it..but i wuouldnt recommend it as it was 45oc idle on water

1 - 11 of 11 Posts