Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys, on my sig rig I am havign a strange crash to the point i'm afraid to play the game..... I will play a typical 500 ticket game and do well and be excited to level up and then before the game ends (usually) the game freezes up for a few seconds with sound still going and, sometimes screen going blank and then literally the game disappears and I am left on my desktop....

The game stops running, as if there was never a sign I had just been playing it.... No error messages, no driver failures etc... Game restarts normally too. I just know I have not actually been credited with a single point in ages from multiplayer.

I have reinstalled the game, deleted the BFBC2 My Documents folder and reconfigured in game. I play the game maxed out with 16x AA and change the FOV to 75 in the .ini

·
Data Recovery Engineer
20,225 Posts
I have had the same issue too.... haven't quiet figured it out though.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Xeb;14138954
I have had the same issue too.... haven't quiet figured it out though.
Dude it's F'ing unfair! lol

This is the one FPS I can actually stand a chance in online and I enjoyed it up until all this crap started.... All I can think of is a while back I reinstalled Windows after adding in a SSD and running the game off my 2nd drive, had the issues so reinstalled and everything.... Same crap. I think EA owes me like 5 levels worth of points, lol.

·
Registered
470 Posts
yep, i have the same issues as well. One thing i think helps, is if you disable Steam community in-game. However, i still get the same type of crashes from time to time. i definitely know how you feel!

·
Registered
2,634 Posts
make sure MSI afterburner is turned off same with Sapphire Trixx if u guys have any of those running in your background. If that doesnt work go DL the punkbuster patch @ their website.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S121;14140167
make sure you aren't running any overclock software like msi afterburner or gigabyte easytuen
I've heard that was the current issue. I stopped playing when realtek audio drivers were causing it. I'm pretty burnt on the game though. Not sure if they patched the realtek issue out or not. I'm thinking this game is abandonware with BF3 coming out.

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
This is most likely punk buster related as ive had similar issues in the past. What i did is:
Updated my PB game files
Updated PB services
Did not use any overclocking or monitoring software while running the game

So far, no crashes for me.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by L36;14142007
This is most likely punk buster related as ive had similar issues in the past. What i did is:
Updated my PB game files
Updated PB services
Did not use any overclocking or monitoring software while running the game

So far, no crashes for me.
how do you do those updates manually?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltg2227;14142349
how do you do those updates manually?
Go download the latest Punkbuster version, install it; In there, you'll find a tab where it says "Add game", select Battlefield Bad Company 2, and it'll update it.

·
Registered
497 Posts
I almost guarentee you that its the MSI Afterburner. Even at stock speeds with afterburner, I get the freeze up and sounds.

·
Registered
470 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcyle;14144438
Go download the latest Punkbuster version, install it; In there, you'll find a tab where it says "Add game", select Battlefield Bad Company 2, and it'll update it.
Thanks, i'll give this a shot! +rep! How often do you manually up, or will it update automatically?

·
Registered
630 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltg2227;14144821
Thanks, i'll give this a shot! +rep! How often do you manually up, or will it update automatically?
I don't check for updates at all. But on my old rig, BC2 crashes a lot, so I did a update there and it fixed it.

So I guess if you're experiencing crashes, update the game/Punkbuster.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I have afterburner running at all times without issue during BC2. I can tell you that with my 470, I updated to the latest drivers at one point and was getting the same issues. Random crashes etc after running perfectly stable for quite a while. I uninstalled, ran driversweeper to make sure no remnants of the driver left and downgraded to the older nvidia drivers and the issue was gone. I am currently using 266.xxx without issue on my 580 but I think at that time I went back to 260.xxx

Try a driver reinstall and maybe downgrade the version to see if that helps.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts