Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Super Moderator
10,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys

Has anyone seen this before?

I have a Clevo P640RE laptop I just got. It has Intel HD Graphics and the GTX 970M chip in it. Dual screen set up, via DisplayPort.

I have this weird problem with web browsers and some other software that is hardware graphics accelerated (Firefox and Chrome both do it).

When I move the window from the right monitor to the left, it turns black, like the picture below:

I am running Windows 10 Pro with all updates and the latest nVidia and Intel GPU drivers.

If I turn off hardware acceleration on both Chrome and Firefox, the issue does not happen.

Other software like Outlook or Visual Studio which are also hardware accelerated do not have the issue!

Thoughts?

·
Super Moderator
10,773 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I managed to fix this.

The first DP output is wired directly to the 970M while the second DP and the single HDMI are connected to the Intel graphics.

There must be some bug between GPU buffers when Windows is outputting via two different graphics processors.

Making sure that all displays are on the Intel graphics sorts the problem. nVidia Optimus writes directly to the Intel graphics framebuffer so discrete graphics still works
smile.gif

1 - 2 of 2 Posts