Overclock.net banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,

Latelly I've had a weird problem, I own a LG GGW-H20L Blueray RW

It has been working OK, but last week I bought Starcraft II and didn't seem to read installation DVD. Device works just fine when reading CD-ROM but not DVD.

I've been talking to LG support, they told me to upgrade firmware to latest version so I did, they also told me to try the device on another computer (suprise!) it worked flawlessly :S

I have two Windows 7 installations on diferent RAID systems, I tested device on both, reads CD-ROM but not DVD, if it's a software problem, I replicated it on both installations.

I have the device pluged into Jmicron controller (Because my ICH10R Raid is full of HDD, removing one is not an option).

My computer is Overclocked and its been rock stable for months.

As far a I can tell, provided with the fact that device works ok on another computer, it must be either a software error or a problem with the Jmicron controller (maybe due to insuficient voltage?)

What would be your advice about what to try next?

Thx!!

·
Premium Member
13,266 Posts
you only have the j micron and ich10r? Have you looked for an updated firmwar for the controller? Have you installed the correct drivers for it in windows? maybe use a IDE to SATA controller, you have IDE right?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
+Rep Sin0822, installed latest SATA2 RAID drivers from Gigabyte, that solved the issue thx!

Maybe that was also the source of the hard freeze problem that I'm having, three times a week or so my computer freezes when idle for aparently no reason, I have standby turned off so I have no clue what can cause this.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.